in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Karma on the boards.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Karma on the boards.  (Read 3664 times)

BountyHunter

• VIP
message icon
Karma on the boards.
« on: June 28, 2009, 11:10:51 PM »

How does karma work on these boards?  And why is mine at -1?  Did I offend somebody???

:)
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Karma on the boards.
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 11:16:01 PM »

Anyone can use it BH.
It's really nothing to take very seriously.

Enjoy the goodies,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 12:13:37 AM »

There you go You're back to zero
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 12:44:23 AM »

I think it is Serj or Zog that keeps ending up way negative. We have a lot of lurkers so I guess they just play with the buttons. It really is not something used for anything here it just came with the program.
ip icon Logged

BountyHunter

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 05:30:27 AM »

Yay!! Zero Karma.  Just like in real life!!!  :)

Thanks guys.  i was just wondering.

Edit: Okay 2 karma.  Didn't actually look before I posted.   hehe
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 02:31:24 PM »

Honestly, I don't understand the obsession.  I'm pretty sure points aren't exchangeable for fabulous prizes or anything (and if they are, someone tell me so I can start campaigning!), so it's not even worth paying attention.

That said, I do notice that people who seem low tend to not contribute so much, and when they do, it's on the same note.  Or maybe we just all had a meeting and decided we hate you.  But I can't tell you about that, because the meeting was a secret.  (Or IS he joking...?)

I do wonder about people who are so passive-aggressive, though, that they think that such a system represents valid communication.  I mean the programmers, mainly, not the users.  Are they expecting some kind of epiphany?  "Oh my god, some abstract and unregulated metric has declined.  I must change my ways immediately!"
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 02:49:12 PM »

heh heh

John sounds like a lawyer.
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 03:44:35 PM »

heh heh

John sounds like a lawyer.

You take that back right now, young man!!

I guess it's more the armchair sociologist in me and too much time around hardline academics.  I should actually buy an armchair, though, I guess.

But really, imagine the guy developing the forum.  "Gosh, I wish there was a way to express like or dislike, but not actually need to interact with the other people."
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 01:14:36 AM »

Ok,
I take it back.
Armchair sociologists are ok in my book.

Then again, we are reading comic books.
;)you wiley wascal you...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 01:16:19 AM by rez »
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.