in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Great to be here!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Great to be here!  (Read 747 times)

kennyslungard

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: kennyslungard
message icon
Great to be here!
« on: July 31, 2018, 11:43:27 PM »

Hi! Thank you for letting me in here! This project looks amazing!

I'm recently a collector of humor magazines, (MAD, Cracked, Sick, etc). It was your full collection of Zany that got me here!

I'm guessing MAD Cracked or Sick or the more modern ('60s to '00s) magazine are not public domain to upload. I do have scans (acquired and self made) that I'm more than happy to share.. Also looking for issues to fill some holes. Welcome any response or such!

Thank you again for accepting me here! Look forward!

Best!

ks
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Great to be here!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2018, 02:23:25 PM »

Hello ks.  Welcome to CB+.  As you suggest, Mad etc, are titles we can't host. There are digital versions available on archive.org, which I don't quite understand as they aren't pd.
It might not appeal to you but in the U.K. we have some exceedingly rude but hilariously funny magazines, the most famous being Viz.  Also Zit and a few more.  Viz features the cartoon strips, Fat Slags; Sid the Sexist; Mrs Brady, Old Lady; Johnny Fartpants; Roger Mellie, your man on the telly and many more. Humour often doesn't translate into other cultures and many people could well find these mags offensive, so be warned. I love them.
Also, Frank Quitely started out on the Glasgow mag, Electric Soup, where he drew The Broons take-off, "The Greens".  This strip is a must see for any Quitely fans. You can view a cover here:-
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qKDmxiXGLso/UukD2PnGt_I/AAAAAAAAFmg/wGJvpj9Vl48/s1600/Electric+Soup+%234.jpg
Electric Soup also featured the adventures of The MacBams, a Scottish take on The Fab. Furry Freak Bros. by all round nice guy, Dave Alexander.
If you google these strips, you'll find images.  I don't dare post them here for fear of upsetting folk or giving them a coronary through laughing.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Great to be here!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2018, 01:14:44 AM »

Well Kenny I am glad I collected the Zany and shared them for you to enjoy.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.