in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 183 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

[CHARLTON] Space Adventures 33-40, 42 off a Torrent (Is This Allowed?)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: [CHARLTON] Space Adventures 33-40, 42 off a Torrent (Is This Allowed?)  (Read 2219 times)

ChaosCharza

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: ChaosCharza

Hi everyone!

First off, this is my first post, so I wanted to say how I've appreciated the usefulness of the site.  Right now, my PSP is loaded w/ many comics from this wonderful establishment.

Now, onto my discovery.

I'm a huge Silver-Age Charlton Fan and loved the exploits of Ted Kord and The Question.  Of course, though I am aware of their inability to be on the site, one series and character can: Captain Atom from Space Adventures.  I found a near-complete collection of Atom's first exploits in .CBR format bundled w/ a few other PD Fawcet comics in a Bittorrent file dedicated to DC.  I was able to download only those comics that I (as well as user Crimsoncrusader) deemed in the Public Domain from Charlton and Fawcett and would love to share them.  I just wanted to check and be sure that it was OK before I did it (the last thing I want is legal action to befall this site).  Crimsoncrusader also noted that there is a watermark that if appearing on any .CBR is not allowed, and I am pleased to say I found no watermarks at all on the most important of my finds: Space Adventures #33.

So, I pose a question to the senior members who know legalities better than I:

May I post them?
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member

Hi CC,
Feel free to upload "Space Adventures 033". 
Please use this naming format so it lists in order with the others on the site.

I also Strongly Advise you to Read The FAQ which will lead you to 'how to upload to GAC' in Question 11.  Faq link at the top in yellow of each page or here - FAQ:http://tinyurl.com/yvjorh

I admit I know zero on Charlton so please wait for JohnC to give you the ok on any Capt. Atom stories.

-Yoc
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 05:27:03 PM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

John C

Unfortunately, it's just after Aussie's 1959 cutoff.  If it weren't, though, it probably would've been fine.
ip icon Logged

ChaosCharza

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: ChaosCharza

Hmm... So, JC, you're saying that uploading Space Adventures #33 (1st Capt. Atom) would not be allowed?  I'm making sure because from my limited knowledge of Copyright law in the US, the cutoff time here was (I believe) 1963.

Of corse, if the servers are in Aus, then I have no choice in the matter.  I'll read the FAQ and fill myself in.

EDIT:  OK, I see.  Comics after '59 aren't allowed. Gotcha! Notify me if the rules change.  I'll leave this thread open still as I would like some more info about the matter (as in "Why these are on the wish-list if not allowed?", sorry if that sounded rude, I don't wish to be.)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 06:07:25 PM by ChaosCharza »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator

While the cut off for what is GA is not universally agreed upon we have chosen to have our cut off at pre 1960. Also  to be safe.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member

wish-list?
You mean the JVJ books not scanned? 
Jim just listed what he had which included books beyond the GA.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.