in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

"Virtual Newsstand" section of Comic Book Plus

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: "Virtual Newsstand" section of Comic Book Plus  (Read 527 times)

shea6408

message icon
"Virtual Newsstand" section of Comic Book Plus
« on: December 27, 2018, 03:48:40 AM »

I'm very interested in seeing the earliest comics that are available, and it's a big help to be able to browse through the books by year.  Is there any reason why the "Virtual Newsstand" section only starts at 1939 when there are older comics on the site?
ip icon Logged

Kracalactaka

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Kracalactaka
message icon
Re: "Virtual Newsstand" section of Comic Book Plus
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2018, 06:13:19 PM »

because at the time we did not have enough pre-1939 items to make doing the feature for those books worthwhile, likewise for our post-1963 items

with limited time available expanding nice to have but non-essential features like virtual news stand has taken a back seat compared to keeping the site secure and running. 
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 05:51:41 PM by Kracalactaka »
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: "Virtual Newsstand" section of Comic Book Plus
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 10:50:17 AM »

The books start going are a bit light after 1940 BUT I have planned to revisit this in 2019 and maybe put the older ones into years.

I half did an OTR version which from what I recollect just needs a bit of tweaking. I think that might be of interest and of course that leads to the idea of a combined Newsstand and OTR scheduler which again might really show popular culture trends

I have been very stretched in the last couple of years, but am really hoping and planning to get back on side and shovel in a lot of new code in 2019 and beyond.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.