in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 43,470 books
 New: 224 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

topic icon Author Topic: Can't Download - Resetting Download Limits  (Read 111603 times)

mrmonkey23

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: mrmonkey23
message icon
Re: Bandwidth troubles
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2010, 02:29:28 AM »

Hi there,

I have not downloaded anything here in many months... and I just tried tonight. On every attempt, I got this error message:

Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as you have exceeded the number of files you are allowed to download during this period. Please check your user control panel for more information on the limits currently available to you.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin

...which seems to be what this thread is about. Any chance I can get this fixed?

Thanks much for providing this wonderful service, by the way. What does one need to do to become a "senior member?"
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2010, 02:33:07 AM »

you have been reset mrmonkey23
ip icon Logged

bakerman3

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bakerman3
message icon
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2010, 02:42:46 AM »

Post 249 more times.
Don't get in a rush, just chatter away.

Astaldo said you figured out the posting levels to get to each level.  Where did you post that?
ip icon Logged

mrmonkey23

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: mrmonkey23
message icon
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2010, 02:54:35 AM »

Thanks much, narfstar... and thanks for the info skybandit!
ip icon Logged

bakerman3

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2010, 02:55:27 AM »

OK, great.  That's very helpful.  Astaldo is a Senior Member, but so far he's been keeping mum on just how much he gets.

Hmmm....
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2010, 03:23:01 AM »

If all goes as planned when Janus gets active Astaldo will be a new mod. I do not have the ability to change someones status but I upped his limit because he will be getting unlimited with status upgrade.
ip icon Logged

bakerman3

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2010, 03:56:51 AM »

What are the responsibilities of a mod, exactly?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2010, 04:49:49 AM »

Reply to every post every time  :o There is access to adding and deleting files and categories as well as posts. Also access to editing users
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2010, 05:13:43 AM »

If all goes as planned when Janus gets active Astaldo will be a new mod. I do not have the ability to change someones status but I upped his limit because he will be getting unlimited with status upgrade.

Congrats to Astaldo!  ;D
ip icon Logged

elvampiro

message icon
« Reply #159 on: March 14, 2010, 07:06:24 AM »

Hello- I have not been able to download any comics for the last 3 or 4 days- My Bandwidth limit seems to be set to reset every 24 days instead of 24 hours--By the way this is a great site- I don't want to just message about my problems with the site--El Vampiro.
ip icon Logged

Mandrake9

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Mandrake9
message icon
« Reply #160 on: March 14, 2010, 07:57:22 AM »

What am I doing wrong? I'm still getting "bandwidth exceeded", still being told 0 Bandwidth, 0 files, although a registered user since November. I reported it here, people who report here seem to be getting reset right and left, but . . . am I supposed to report it somewhere else?

Thanks!
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #161 on: March 14, 2010, 12:19:18 PM »

Mandrake9 you have your initial files for the month set now. El Vamp it is a monthly not daily reset. New owner wants to encourage involvement int he forums for upgrades rather than just file leeching.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

h0w31rd

message icon
« Reply #162 on: March 14, 2010, 12:57:44 PM »

I have been a member since Sept 2008. Haven't been here in a while no posts but, still 3 days later I'm not allowed to download anything. Is there anything anyone can do for me please?
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #163 on: March 14, 2010, 01:07:18 PM »

I've been doing my best to help but I'm limited since I'm not a mod yet. I'm sure once the site is 100% working up to snuff, people will be automatically reset
ip icon Logged

tiajohnston@hilarious.com

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: tiajohnston@hilarious.com
message icon
« Reply #164 on: March 14, 2010, 02:43:46 PM »

Howdy all.  I'm new and I've just uploaded an issue awaiting approval.
I, too, need to be resetted, for I haven't download anything since joining over 24 hours ago.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #165 on: March 14, 2010, 02:57:04 PM »

There's very few who can approve files and reset members. Hopefully soon we will have some more help. Hang tight and you will be taken care of.
ip icon Logged

Jedifish

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #166 on: March 14, 2010, 03:25:19 PM »

From what I've experienced and deduced so far:
1-49 posts  = newby = 200 MB per Month
50-99 posts = junior member = 200 MB per day
100-249 posts = full member = 400 MB per day
250-499 posts = senior member = ?
500+ posts = hero member = ?
Of course, any and all of this is subject to change without notice, since the guys in charge have retreated for a bit to regain their sanity...:)

Thanks for the info
ip icon Logged

Jedifish

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #167 on: March 14, 2010, 03:28:08 PM »

Congrats to Astaldo!  ;D

ditto
ip icon Logged

tiajohnston@hilarious.com

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: tiajohnston@hilarious.com
message icon
need resetting please
« Reply #168 on: March 14, 2010, 09:20:19 PM »

Hello, I'm new for more than a day's time now, and I have not been able to download anything. I'm also waiting approval on an upload. NarfStar are you around still?
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #169 on: March 14, 2010, 09:49:05 PM »

Thanks for the addition to the GA taj you now have downloads available
ip icon Logged

comicweb

message icon
« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2010, 04:19:59 AM »

Hello, I was a member a while ago.  I tried to download but couldn't.  I saw that we now needed to be registered, but I forgot what my login/password was and I changed e-mails since I was a member, so I just created a new user account, this was about a week ago. But I still can't download due to the

"Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as you have exceeded the number of files you are allowed to download during this period. Please check your user control panel for more information on the limits currently available to you.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin"

So, I am not sure if the problem is that I may have two accounts and that is screwing something up, or if the problem is that I need to be manually set to download. (Or if there is some other problem.)  If there is anything I should be doing, please let me know. I can login and check the use cp, but it just tells me that I have 0 downloads left.   

Thanks, great site. 
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2010, 05:06:38 AM »

Hello, I was a member a while ago.  I tried to download but couldn't.  I saw that we now needed to be registered, but I forgot what my login/password was and I changed e-mails since I was a member, so I just created a new user account, this was about a week ago. But I still can't download due to the

"Error: Sorry but you are not allowed to download this file as you have exceeded the number of files you are allowed to download during this period. Please check your user control panel for more information on the limits currently available to you.. If you believe this to be in error, please quote the above error and report this to the admin"

So, I am not sure if the problem is that I may have two accounts and that is screwing something up, or if the problem is that I need to be manually set to download. (Or if there is some other problem.)  If there is anything I should be doing, please let me know. I can login and check the use cp, but it just tells me that I have 0 downloads left.   

Thanks, great site. 

Narfstar has to reset your DL limits.  He's currently being run into the ground with similar requests from various "Newbies".  Let him get some sleep & he'll fix you up lickety-split.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2010, 06:10:21 AM »

OK comicweb you now have this months 200mg or 20files
ip icon Logged

comicweb

message icon
« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2010, 05:13:11 PM »

Thanks, its working great.  When the donations are working again, I'll make one.  And thanks for the incredibly quick response to resetting the limit.  It takes longer for responses from many pay sites.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2010, 05:16:37 PM »

It takes longer for responses from many pay sites.

There are some other sites with Golden Age files that are 'pay sites' in nature? Can you PM me the links?

B. :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 21

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.