in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4876 times)

Guardian7

message icon
Hello
« on: October 19, 2009, 09:49:44 PM »

I thought I had posted an intro post a while back. Apparently I didn't. Though I have used this site pretty frequently since 2007 to download Centaur stuff.

I am 44 as of today and I am a HUGE fan of the Centaur stuff (as I love to illustrate).
Here is an unfinished pic of Amazing Man and Blue Lady from the end issues of Amazing Man Comics that I did.

This is a great site and I hope to be able to eventually use this site to retrieve all the hero/adventure stories I can from the Centaur stuff (Funny animal/cartoony stuff isn't necessary... but I will take what I can get).

Anyhow I stumbled across this site purely by accident years ago when I was seeking information on the Centaur Universe and you guys are a Gold mine of it.

Thanks again for all your hard work and effort.

G7 or Les
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 10:11:04 PM by Guardian7 »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 10:43:17 PM »

Welcome G7 and nice work on the sketches!
We've got lots of stuff for you here but if you buy anything missing please consider scanning and sharing it.
Centaur is especially welcomed by all Canadian Monkeys such as myself.

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 11:04:33 PM »

Well I do have access to the Archives Department of MSU in Lansing, MI.
They have a lot of stuff. Though I do not have an internet access that will allow me to upload anything fast at this time (sorry... stuck in the country with... ugh... Dial-up).
But I can always find a place to host pages and stuff of that nature (Just a matter of finding the time).

Anyhow thanks for the compliments on the artwork. I am sure you all will be seeing more as I get it done.

Cya
G7/Les
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 11:21:57 PM »

Dial-up, ouch.
You have my condolences.  I stuck with it for two years and would do almost anything to avoid going back to it.

Future scans for GAC will include Centaur but again, no ETA on exactly when that will happen.
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2009, 12:50:48 AM »

Happy Birthday Guardian nice sketches. If you can not upload you could snail mail. If you can scan anything we do not have and put stuff on a Cd or DVD any number of us would be more than happy to upload them
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2009, 05:52:19 AM »

Hey, Dial-up wasn't that bad the two years I had it.  Of course, the years were 1997 and 1998.  And I was paying for two phone lines; one for my phone and one strictly for internet.  :P
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2009, 11:58:37 AM »

YOC- Yeah ouch is right! LOL... but hey... I have all my Amazing Man now thanks to you guys. I just let her run and go do something else.

Thanks Narfstar! Yeah if I hadn't shattered my laptop screen I could just go to any ole coffeehouse and upload stuff there (as my wireless is faster than dail-up).

I think the only things I have that are not on the Centaur List are;

Arrow #1 (#3 I got from you guys)
Amazing Mystery Funnies v2 #8 (I have the rest that you guys offer here but no others)
and all of Amazing Man Comics # 21 (I had 6, 10, 16, 21 & 24 before I found this site. Thankfully you guys filled in all the rest - though I think I am missing possibly pages to Dinsaur Island from AMC #7 as I only have the first two... figures... the one story with Dinosaurs in it and I am missing them... LOL)

I am seeking more on the Inner Circle which started appearing in AMF v2 #7 and up (Though I don't know where it ends... I find the Inner Circle a fascinating read... well... what I have).

I would love to see Arrow # 2 and of course WHAM Comics #2 (I have yet to download WHAM Comics #1 yet... but I will). There is more I will talk about... but I should possible save it for the posting area.

OtherEric- As mentioned already... Dial-up has gotten me this far. This line is designated for internet as well. Though my brother said he might give me his spare lap-top (Sweet... it is better than mine and has wifi!!).

G7

ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2009, 03:50:17 PM »

They have a lot of stuff. Though I do not have an internet access that will allow me to upload anything fast at this time (sorry... stuck in the country with... ugh... Dial-up).
But I can always find a place to host pages and stuff of that nature (Just a matter of finding the time).

Anyhow thanks for the compliments on the artwork. I am sure you all will be seeing more as I get it done.

Cya
G7/Les

If you every have the chance/opportunity/interest/time/etc. to scan any of those, for some reason I'm keen on Nedor's Wonder Comics #2, specifically the origin of the Grim Reaper. Or even if you read it and gave me the gist, I'd be ... grateful at least.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

John C

message icon
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 04:03:11 PM »

I wonder if they have computers you can use for uploading, given that you're (arguably) doing it for research purposes.  Likewise, if you're an alumni of a local school, they might give you at least a temporary account on their systems.

Nice job on the pencils, by the way.  I detect a bit of a Byrne influence (in a good way) on the Blue Lady.  Intentional?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 04:05:24 PM by John C »
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 08:54:13 PM »

Huge fan of both Byrne and Perez.
Not sure if it is intentional so much as I learned to do layouts emulating both Byrne and Perez. I am not ashamed of my love of both of their work (and I am not saying anyone is saying I should be).

Course I would be terrified to see Byrne take a crack at the Centaur Chara after his Superman Revamp (after the original Crisis - that damn thing...). Though I would love to see either Perez or Jimenez take a crack at a big ole everyone in it Centaur Comic (at least from a visual perspective).

Anyhow. If my work looks similar (to either of the artists I have mentioned). Means maybe I am doing something right.

G7/Les
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 10:27:47 PM »

You may already be aware of it, but http://pdsh.wikia.com/wiki/Public_Domain_Super_Heroes has some info on Centaur and other public domain [PD] characters.
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2009, 02:17:21 AM »

Yeah I have seen it Roy. It needs a lot of work. Had thought about contrubuting. But frankly I just don't have the time and with any of the Wiki stuff... well anyone can just get in there and put what they want (Heard of people doing that to wikipedia before and messing up what should be a good thing... So's the world I suppose... LOL)

I have been keeping an eye on it. I may one day make a Website dedicated to the Centaur stuff. Lord knows it could use a good one.

G7
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 12:01:24 PM »

Yeah I have seen it Roy. It needs a lot of work. Had thought about contrubuting. But frankly I just don't have the time and with any of the Wiki stuff... well anyone can just get in there and put what they want (Heard of people doing that to wikipedia before and messing up what should be a good thing... So's the world I suppose... LOL)

I have been keeping an eye on it. I may one day make a Website dedicated to the Centaur stuff. Lord knows it could use a good one.

G7

Well, the weakness of a wiki is also its strength: If you know more, you can correct the errors and add proper citations.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 06:40:10 PM »

Hey G7,
Rik O. runs a bit of a Centaur site here as part of his Protectors site.
http://www.mightycrusaders.net/protectors.htm

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2009, 02:46:10 PM »

YOC.

Yeah that is a VERY nice site.
The Mighty Crusaders stuff liked or attached to it are equally as nice. Too bad the characters from that series are just plain bad (almost disjointed in my opinion).

Roygbiv.
You are absolutely right about wiki... it can be corrected rather easily... and frankly I don't see enough interest in Centaur for anyone to actually spend the time mucking it up.

G7
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2009, 04:09:32 PM »

Roygbiv.
You are absolutely right about wiki... it can be corrected rather easily... and frankly I don't see enough interest in Centaur for anyone to actually spend the time mucking it up.

G7

Well, that's what I mean - if you are keen on it, it's a free,pre-existing platform you could use, rather than getting your own domain, site hosting, etc. But then - when would there be time to actually read the comics?
ip icon Logged

Guardian7

message icon
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2010, 12:58:39 AM »

Hello again everyone.

Just me back again.
I have continued to download quite a bit of stuff that pops up (Though for some reason it doesn't want to finish lately... not sure why).
Anyhow. I am back and that is more why I posted in this thread.

Still drawing of course.

Hope to see you all around.

G7/Les
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.