in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Need some help with my CDisplay...

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Need some help with my CDisplay...  (Read 2262 times)

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
Need some help with my CDisplay...
« on: October 23, 2019, 03:01:33 AM »

Hi, guys. My computer went berserk last week and I had to reupload all my favorite apps and programs. CDisplay is working but I can't get the page movement controls to permanently display on the reading screen like they used to. Any ideas? Grateful for any assistance. Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Need some help with my CDisplay...
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2019, 05:33:11 AM »

Bowers, Can't help you with that, but this is why I I only use my laptop computer to work on and for access to the internet. All my data goes as I work to a stand-alone Seagate 5 terabyte harddrive.
I save nothing on the computer, and have all my install ex's for all my program there.
Lost a a hard drive once, and once bitten twice shy.  HardDrive failure is inevitable. Anyhow, I feel for you and hope you get everything working again.

Cheers!   
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2019, 01:59:11 PM »

Hi Bowers, sorry if you've already tried this but there is a "configure" button under "options" top right on the cdisplay page. If you can't get it to work properly you might have to try one of the other readers:-  MComix or ComicRack for example.  Let us know how you get on.
As for storage, I also have external drives and I spent a while yesterday copying files from my 2 temp drives to my main 4tb drive. I'm sure I'm not paranoid having 2 back ups to the main external :-[
A friend keeps copies of all my files on his drives and in exchange, I hold copies of his audio collection.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2019, 07:26:09 AM »

All is well with my CDisplay- the darn thing just started working properly on its own! They give us technology when all we want are things that work! Cheers, Bowers
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.