in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

File Upload Services

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: File Upload Services  (Read 1487 times)

John C

message icon
File Upload Services
« on: December 02, 2009, 06:03:13 PM »

While (twitch) the (twitch-twitch) withdrawal symptoms from losing this place subside...

Those of you who make heavy use of those file upload services might want to take a look at these guys:

http://www.load2all.com

It's one of those links that I normally discard because I have no personal use for it.  But I remember the administrative types debating which service to suggest to people who don't have FTP access yet, and I know that in some other places, using the "wrong" file sharing is up there with asking a woman how old she is or if a man used to have more hair up top...

(twitch...)

Unrelated, but I have to say something as it's happening:  "Big news" down in these parts is that John "Junior" Gotti's fifth criminal case (he's a former Gambino crime family something-or-other, if you're into that sort of Mafia junk) has ended in a mistrial with a hung jury.  Don't know, don't care, personally, but out of the corner of my eye, I saw the local news banner announce this as Coming Up ("Gotti out of Jail Free," I kid you not) against video of...what appears to be...a bunch of guys milling around a bagel shop.

I'm OK with surreal, but it bothers me that I almost want to watch the story to see if there''s actually some connection or if it was just a mismatch on the tapes.

Update:  Turns out the "teaser" footage was appropriate, if not a very good tease.  It was live footage of the shop where Gotti had bought a bagel earlier that morning.  No interview or anything.  Just footage of a middle-aged man (and alleged murderer and drug lord) buying a bagel.  Totally worth paying a union guy, I'm sure.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 07:21:54 PM by John C »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: File Upload Services
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 06:23:26 PM »

Thanks for the link John.
I've been quite happy using Mediafire.com myself.
Good speeds and no count timer.  Multiple file uploads too.
I'm not sure of file retention but other than Rapidshare (cough!) does any of them keep it alive beyond a month if nobody touches them?

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
Re: File Upload Services
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2009, 06:32:31 PM »

Don't know about retention.  I do know that they're mostly geared for file transfers, rather than file shares, so it's not a common feature.

Basically, I figured it was of interest because it does take care of the "well I'd rather use XYZ instead of ABC" feifdoms, and makes the choice irrelevant with the same bandwidth.  Add in that it'll make multi-volume archives if you go over the file size limit, and it seems like a good tool, even though I don't generally need such a thing.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.