in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Howdy, from a geek

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Howdy, from a geek  (Read 734 times)

tut

message icon
Howdy, from a geek
« on: April 05, 2020, 06:40:19 PM »

Found this site from a Silodrome article and went  :o at the amount of comics archived here. Well done. I can tell it's going to require a lot of my attention.  ;D I'll stick some moolah into the donation box.

I really dig comics from the '60s and '70s, and have a good size stack, many handed down from my brother - mostly racing cars, army, The Little Monsters, and Jerry Lewis, plus many CARtoons, Hot Rod Cartoons, and Mad magazines.

I wrote an iOS comic book reader when the reader I was previously using stopped being updated and stopped working. It's called Box of Fun, because if you have a box of comics, you have a box of fun. It's on the App Store, if anyone's interested in yet another reader. I'll add a macOS version and iCloud syncing in the future.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Howdy, from a geek
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 12:50:53 AM »

Well, I'm assuming you are genuine Tut, and if so welcome. But I can't get to your site, because my Browser flags it as 'Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead'. Now that may be because of the server I need to go through. Pity, because I would like a look at it.

Welcome and go well.   
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 01:17:29 AM »

CARToons! When I first moved to LA in the late 70s, CARToons was one of my first pro comic sales. My stuff wasn't the greatest fit for the magazine, but I loved doing those strips and I greatly enjoyed working with the editor, the late Dennis Ellefson. Good memories.
ip icon Logged

tut

message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 03:34:19 AM »

Well, I'm assuming you are genuine Tut, and if so welcome. But I can't get to your site, because my Browser flags it as 'Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead'. Now that may be because of the server I need to go through. Pity, because I would like a look at it.

Welcome and go well.   

Thanks! I recently changed hosts, and haven't gotten around to turning on https. Using http works, and that's probably what's raising the flag for you. But it's safe, if there's a "trust this site" button you can click or something.
ip icon Logged

tut

message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2020, 03:37:49 AM »

CARToons! When I first moved to LA in the late 70s, CARToons was one of my first pro comic sales. My stuff wasn't the greatest fit for the magazine, but I loved doing those strips and I greatly enjoyed working with the editor, the late Dennis Ellefson. Good memories.

Wow! I never expected to meet a hero when I signed up here. :) Seriously, some of those strips heavily formed my humor and comic taste.
ip icon Logged

tut

message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2020, 03:05:43 PM »

I've enabled SSL on my site, so you should be able to access https://www.armpitstudios.com now.
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2020, 04:48:41 AM »

Thanks! I got onto the site OK. But I use a Laptop running Win10. Is Ios compatible?

ip icon Logged

tut

message icon
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2020, 01:03:17 PM »

iOS is the OS that runs iPhones and iPads.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.