in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Chiller Pocket Library

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Chiller Pocket Library  (Read 158 times)

Andrew999

message icon
Chiller Pocket Library
« on: August 12, 2020, 02:19:57 PM »

Now here's a bit of an oddity. I recently came across the Chiller Pocket Library from the 1970s -

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=chiller+pocket+library&client=opera&hs=Qyu&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiH5o6A7ZXrAhWVURUIHRO6BIsQ_AUoAnoECAwQBA&biw=1821&bih=853

I have never read any of them - never knew they existed! I couldn't believe it - they are exactly the sort of thing I would have loved.

The truth is - during the 1970s (up until 2000AD emerged in 1979), I stopped reading comic books and focussed my efforts more on persuading as many girls as possible that I was exactly what they had been waiting for. (Yeah, right - like that was successful)

Anyone out there a Chiller fan? What are the best ones to read?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Chiller Pocket Library
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 07:53:11 AM »

You certainly started something Andrew.  Have a look at this post on Down The Tubes

https://downthetubes.net/?p=120485
Crash and I have had a chat about it.  Intriguing stuff.  The books can be found on the usual sites.  Colin Noble, Comando expert supreme, has been digging into the history of these smaller pocket comic publishers, so there could be more info to come.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.