in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,824 books
 New: 181 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Charlie Brown

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Charlie Brown  (Read 182 times)

Andrew999

message icon
Charlie Brown
« on: October 02, 2020, 07:41:16 AM »

Today marks the 70th anniversary of the debut of Peanuts

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanuts

Light and joyful on the surface, there's some deep philosophy to be teased out from the accumulated scripts - Mr Schulz deserves his reputation.

I remember once I was feeling very down - deep in debt, baby crying all night, horrible job - when I read a Snoopy four-panel thought bubble script that went something like - Why am I me? I could have been born anyone. So, I ask myself, why am I me? I'm just lucky I guess!

It really made me change my attitude - I came home that night a sunny person

ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: Charlie Brown
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 10:11:45 AM »

We all have our favorite Peanuts cartoons.
Mine had Lucy dominating her little brother. Everything he did she either stopped or took over.
It was evening. Finally he went outside, lay down on a hill and watched the stars. Luck came boiling out, yelled, ' You can't watch those stars! they're my ........ Oh!' And came to a screaming halt.

Never forgot that! perfect ending to any sibling argument!   
ip icon Logged

ComicMike

message icon
Re: Charlie Brown
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2020, 07:43:43 AM »

Happy birthday, Peanuts.  :)

My favorite character at the Peanuts is someone, who unfortunately rarely appears, it's Snoopy's brother Spike, who lives in the desert and who speaks to cacti and stones.  :D
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.