in house dollar bill thumbnail
Comic Book Plus In-House Image
 Total: 42,885 books
 New: 94 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Anyone having a problem accessing the site? Database Error?

Pages: [1] 2

topic icon Author Topic: Anyone having a problem accessing the site? Database Error?  (Read 8219 times)

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
Anyone having a problem accessing the site? Database Error?
« on: March 25, 2010, 04:59:26 AM »

Been getting the following one a single page for the last few hours when I try to get onto the site

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'talkinj1'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in /home1/talkinj1/public_html/goldenagecomics/engine/mysql.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home1/talkinj1/public_html/goldenagecomics/engine/mysql.php on line 86

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home1/talkinj1/public_html/goldenagecomics/engine/mysql.php on line 208

Critical Error
A database error has occoured on .
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the administrator by clicking here. Please let them know the contents of all three boxes below.
Alternatively, if you are the administrator and you believe this to be a software bug, please post the information in the support section of our forum here. Please quote the contents of all three boxes below.

Error Returned

mySQL query error: SELECT `key`, `value` FROM `config`

mySQL error:
Date: Wednesday 24th 2010f March 2010 10:57:27 PM
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Anyone having a problem accessing the site? Database Error?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 05:02:20 AM »

Yes, Denny, I think we all were getting it. It's pretty obvious that the site was down for a bit. Hope it isn't a new and recurring problem.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 12:22:56 PM »

Well, apparently you guys were able to get back in before I was (just now, in fact).  Hopefully there's an explanation as to what happened.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 05:06:19 PM »

I thought the forums were down also. I get to the forum from the main page. I did not know the forums were working until I got a pm and went from there. That is why I am so far behind
ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 06:35:39 PM »

The site is still down.

Anyone find out why?
ip icon Logged

bchat

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: bchat
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 06:41:02 PM »

I was under the impression that the forums & main site were more closely tied together, so I'm surrprised that the forums work while the main site is down.  I haven't checked-out the main site too often lately since I'm not interested in downloading much of anything for the time being.
ip icon Logged

kosmic64

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: kosmic64
message icon
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 06:59:48 PM »

Getting the same mysql error messages. Have not been able to access the site for 2 days. :'(
ip icon Logged

kosmic64

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 07:11:46 PM »

Reason I was trying to access the site was because I don't recall, and wanted to check if we are allowed to upload books published by Atlas(indicia states Cornell Publishing). Got my hands on a issue of Suspense #4 (1950) and was hoping to be able to fianlly contribute to this site that I've grown to appreciate. :)
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 07:29:39 PM »

Reason I was trying to access the site was because I don't recall, and wanted to check if we are allowed to upload books published by Atlas(indicia states Cornell Publishing). Got my hands on a issue of Suspense #4 (1950) and was hoping to be able to fianlly contribute to this site that I've grown to appreciate. :)

No way, kosmic.
Atlas is Marvel and we can't host anything by Marvel. Cornell is just one of dozens of "sub-publishing" names used by Martin Goodman before the '60s.

and just to be "smarmy" - I have a COMPLETE Atlas collection. neener neener...
ip icon Logged

kosmic64

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 07:33:27 PM »

Well thanks for clearing that up for me at least. The search goes on for me to find something that I can contribute....
ip icon Logged

KnightRandom

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 09:06:25 PM »

I haven't been able to get on either all day.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

message icon
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 09:09:02 PM »

I've had trouble for a couple of days now.
As for the many names of Marvel, on the first few issues of Fantastic Four, the publisher in the indicia is shown as something like "Canaan".
ip icon Logged

jay042

message icon
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 11:37:50 PM »

I've been getting this error every time I try looking at the site.

mySQL query error: SELECT g.ID_GROUP, g.groupName,
                   u.ID_MEMBER,u.memberName,u.ID_GROUP,u.ID_POST_GROUP,
                   u.passwd, u.emailAddress
                  FROM `smf_members` u
                  LEFT JOIN `smf_membergroups` g ON (g.ID_GROUP=u.ID_GROUP)
                  WHERE u.ID_MEMBER='1711' AND u.passwd='329cba0b3eb78244d5ba0a2db0d71c5b19ed9d86'

mySQL error: Table 'talkinj1_download1.smf_members' doesn't exist
Date: Thursday 25th 2010f March 2010 05:36:46 PM
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 11:42:04 PM »

Jim you are going to force me to make a summer trip just bask in your upstairs room. But do you have a complete collection of MF Enterprises comics Captain Marvel and Henry Brewster. I do neener neener
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 11:57:37 PM »

Jim you are going to force me to make a summer trip just bask in your upstairs room. But do you have a complete collection of MF Enterprises comics Captain Marvel and Henry Brewster. I do neener neener

"Bask" is not the word I'd use, Narf,
but you're welcome to visit and hibernate for a while. And no, I don't think I own a single MF Enterprises comic. I bought my first comic book in 1966 at age 19 and, believe me, the MF titles were not what enticed me into the field.

Got all of the Towers, though.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2010, 12:09:38 AM »

I have all but a few tippy/go and I may be missing an undersea agent and fight the enemy. You were/are enticed by the art and me by the sheer wonder of it all. I got hooked at about 7 by the LSH. My most cherished books are those odd silver age that facinated me at pre-teen. The times that I have lost/given up my collection the first books that I would go after were the MF, the Dell monster heroes, Archie Red Circle, Harvey Thrillers, Milson, Charlton Action Heroes and yes Tower. I am the first to admit the art is laking, can we say Tallarico, and the stories childish. But I was a child and they still fill the child in me with wonder.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2010, 12:18:17 AM »

Truth be told, narf,
I don't own the Tippy issues, either. FYI, did you know that Boris Vallejo's very first work in America was for an issue of Fight the Enemy? S'a fact.

(|:{>
ip icon Logged

darkmark

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2010, 01:26:51 AM »

I've been having hellacious problems for the last 2 days getting on. Something needs to be overhauled.  I hate to say the relocation has been a bust, but something needs to be fixed.
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

message icon
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2010, 01:35:55 AM »

I've been having hellacious problems for the last 2 days getting on. Something needs to be overhauled.  I hate to say the relocation has been a bust, but something needs to be fixed.

ditto here too!

Geo
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2010, 02:11:38 AM »

In the long-term scheme of things, guys,
a couple of weeks of uncertainty are NOTHING. Have some patience. Everyone is anxious and frustrated, and I hope that Janus will have the courtesy to at least drop by the forum and give us an update on what's happening. I must admit to a strong desire for greater communication skills than seem to be apparent. Ignorance is NOT bliss.

Please talk to us.

ip icon Logged

DennyWilson

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2010, 02:22:54 AM »

LATEST when trying to connect:

Critical Error

A database error has occoured on Golden Age Comics.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here, if this does not fix the error, you can contact the administrator by clicking here. Please let them know the contents of all three boxes below.
Alternatively, if you are the administrator and you believe this to be a software bug, please post the information in the support section of our forum here. Please quote the contents of all three boxes below.

Error Returned

mySQL query error: SELECT g.ID_GROUP, g.groupName,
                   u.ID_MEMBER,u.memberName,u.ID_GROUP,u.ID_POST_GROUP,
                   u.passwd, u.emailAddress
                  FROM `smf_members` u
                  LEFT JOIN `smf_membergroups` g ON (g.ID_GROUP=u.ID_GROUP)
                  WHERE u.ID_MEMBER='3293' AND u.passwd='999b369ca1ad205ec40d4bbcad6e575c7f6046c1'

mySQL error: Table 'talkinj1_download1.smf_members' doesn't exist
Date: Thursday 25th 2010f March 2010 08:20:54 PM
ip icon Logged

OtherEric

message icon
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2010, 06:41:42 AM »

Truth be told, narf,
I don't own the Tippy issues, either. FYI, did you know that Boris Vallejo's very first work in America was for an issue of Fight the Enemy? S'a fact.

(|:{>

I think I have one Tippy issue just as an example.  And yes, I knew about the Vallejo issue of Fight the Enemy.  It's one of 4 or 5 books on my mental "some year this book is going to go crazy in the market" list.  Mind you, I have yet to be right about any of my picks for that list...
ip icon Logged

bbbrown

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2010, 04:27:03 PM »

And just what is your address again?  :)  I know of few guys who would probably like to camp out on your couch for a few months to read them.  They would probably want to bring in loads of book edge scanners too, knowing them.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2010, 06:17:39 PM »

Yeah, I got the Critical Error blues too! Well, at least its not just me.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

message icon
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2010, 07:45:44 PM »

And just what is your address again?  :)  I know of few guys who would probably like to camp out on your couch for a few months to read them.  They would probably want to bring in loads of book edge scanners too, knowing them.

Wouldn't it be great if every comic book was scanned? Oh, wait, that's what GAC is trying to do with the PD subset of "every", isn't it?

Truth be told 3b, I am missing two Romance issues and several (quite a few, actually) Millie the Model and Patsy Walker issues from the '50s. Much as I like Dan DeCarlo and Al Jaffee, there is only so much one can take of a good thing. I'm very interested in the non-Superhero Timely titles and have a strong collection of those, too.

And, yes, come by and read them. That's what they're for, actually. They aren't even in plastic bags. They're FUN! Right now I'm stuck in a cast on my left ankle and unable (actually more like unwilling) to navigate the stairs to go up and "play" with them. It's a bit frustrating, but they aren't going anywhere and no one's asked for any info lately, so I don't feel too deprived.

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2

Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.