in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,846 books
 New: 86 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Dunc and Loo 8

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Dunc and Loo 8  (Read 155 times)

mwb1

message icon
« on: February 14, 2021, 10:00:02 PM »

Dunc and Loo are great. I wish there was more of them to read!

Link to the book: Dunc and Loo 8
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2021, 11:09:48 PM »

John Stanley was a master of Human psychology, and especially important for comic book story writing, child psychology.  Like Bill Watterston, of "Calvin and Hobbs", he still remembered how he had felt as a child growing up, and as pertained to "Dunc and Loo", how he had felt as a teenager.  He was a master at understatement, and allowing the natural humour of the foibles of youth to come out for the childhood period, with "Tubby", "Little Lulu", and "Nancy and Sluggo", and "Henry Aldrich" and "Dunc and Loo", for the challenging teenage years.  He is one of my favourite comic book story writers, and comic book storyboard, and finished comic book artists.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2021, 10:43:22 PM »

I am a big John Stanley fan. Highly recommend his lesser known Melvin Monster. He has the ability to use random that is so hard to do right. I try to invoke his style in my InDELLible stories with Melvin and with Jigger and Mooch.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.