in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 185 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

You have a Hero!!!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: You have a Hero!!!  (Read 2258 times)

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
You have a Hero!!!
« on: April 13, 2010, 05:24:32 AM »

sorry, been away for the weekend, and back late after cartooning with Ty Templeton. Well, I will write on that a bit later. But I want you all to check this out:

http://www.theheroesoftheworld.com/

Everyone now has a hero, from whatever country your from. I saw this little company at the Comic Com in Toronto. What do you think?
Good idea? bad Idea? After learning about character development, your character is much more then a visual, it is a person, with goals, dreams, personality and of course challenges and conflicts. This is all what makes a character interesting. Just look at the Joker from batman, his goals, personality and his own conflicts. Its not just the visual its so much more.

I think the challenge is that there will soon be to many characters but no personality behind them for the world of heroes.....what do you think? I guess wolverine, maybe an example of a cool looking character...but he does have alot of personality, conflicts etc....I guess you learn that is alot more to cartooning then just the picture!

Janus
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: You have a Hero!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 01:17:19 PM »

sorry, been away for the weekend, and back late after cartooning with Ty Templeton. Well, I will write on that a bit later. But I want you all to check this out:

http://www.theheroesoftheworld.com/

Everyone now has a hero, from whatever country your from. I saw this little company at the Comic Com in Toronto. What do you think?
Good idea? bad Idea? After learning about character development, your character is much more then a visual, it is a person, with goals, dreams, personality and of course challenges and conflicts. This is all what makes a character interesting. Just look at the Joker from batman, his goals, personality and his own conflicts. Its not just the visual its so much more.

I think the challenge is that there will soon be to many characters but no personality behind them for the world of heroes.....what do you think? I guess wolverine, maybe an example of a cool looking character...but he does have alot of personality, conflicts etc....I guess you learn that is alot more to cartooning then just the picture!

Janus

I think that you can have too many characters --- DC ran into that problem with JSA recently. Better to have a core and flesh them out instead of rush them out.

B.
ip icon Logged

Ed Love

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 10:44:30 PM »

There was a neat book called UN Force that dealt with each country having heroes and the political clashes as a hero of one country might not be considered a hero of another.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:44 PM »

There was a neat book called UN Force that dealt with each country having heroes and the political clashes as a hero of one country might not be considered a hero of another.

I remember that book!  ;D
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »

Not only do I remember that UN Force comic, I still have it.  Did it go beyond #1?  I'm a bit sad that way but if there are masked men in it, I keep it.  Meaning there's a lot of bad comics in my collection.
ip icon Logged

Ed Love

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2010, 06:01:52 AM »

There were several issues. I enjoyed it quite a bit when it came out, I thought it was a pretty neat idea and there were some cool heroes in it.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.