in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

PC, e-reader or ipad

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: PC, e-reader or ipad  (Read 1600 times)

swaegerlee

message icon
PC, e-reader or ipad
« on: March 23, 2021, 03:47:25 PM »

Hello everyone,

For now, I read my comics on my pc but it's not comfortable, what device do you use? Which device is best for reading comics? I'm thinking of the 12,9 inches ipad pro apple, what do you thing about it?

Thank you for your answers.
ip icon Logged

Robb_K

• VIP
message icon
Re: PC, e-reader or ipad
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2021, 05:12:43 PM »

Hello everyone,

For now, I read my comics on my pc but it's not comfortable, what device do you use? Which device is best for reading comics? I'm thinking of the 12,9 inches ipad pro apple, what do you thing about it?

Thank you for your answers.

I am very old, and my eyesight is deteriorating, so I like to read from enlarged images.  So, I read scanned images that are about 150% as big as the original comic book page size, on my 27 inch I-Mac desktop computer, reading on my smaller-screened MacBook Pro is not nearly as enjoyable.  Of course, if I could have what I want, it would be to have both collection and mint reading copies of all the comic books I would ever want, and would read only the original physical books.  I also enjoy reading the slightly oversized deluxe hardbound re-issue collections of classic comic book artists' work or classic comic book series.  And I prefer that format over reading scans on a computer.
ip icon Logged

misappear

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2021, 06:54:05 PM »

I am most satisfied with a Surface ((non Apple) device. I tend to enlarge the page, turning the tablet landscape and then scroll around. I would do that on both IPads and Android/Microsoft product. 

I like the option of flipping in a thumb drive and loading stuff, not possible on an iPad.

I also prefer the surface cuz I use Microsoft at work, and it?s just more familiar.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2021, 10:30:24 PM »

With an ipad you will pay much more. I have an Asus touch screen with detachable keyboard. I recommend the multiangle tablet pillow. The Flippy brand is about $35 but generics are about $20
ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2021, 01:43:35 AM »

I read my comics on my pc but it's not comfortable 

You don't explain why. The problem might be the software reader you use. They are all different and all have different strengths and limitations.
I use a PC and a program called ComicBookPlusPlus.
https://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Graphic/Graphic-Others/ComicsPlusPlus.shtml
This has been the only program [Free] that  I have downloaded from the Microsoft store.
I have no problems with it when downloading and reading from CB+, but from some other sites, I sometimes can't read certain pages in the download.
You read Horizontally, from left to right.
I was recently told that you can use Calibre EReader to read #CBR and #CBZ files - I haven't tried it, so can't comment. I use Calibre to read Ebooks and it can open many formats.
https://calibre-ebook.com/about
What do others use?
The main limitation I have is that I can't print or save an individual page. I can do that while reading a book in CB+, but it would be nice to do it in the Reader.
I like the option of flipping in a thumb drive and loading stuff, not possible on an iPad.

Exactly! Having been burnt more than once by a crashing Hard Drive, I don't save anything essential on my laptop, I use use the Laptop to install the apps and programs I use and access the internet. I store everything on a stand-alone hard drive.   

ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2021, 05:51:06 PM »

On my pc I read comics with CDisplayEx.  But that's only for work I do for the site.  My main digital comics reading is on an android tablet.  I have an old Samsung 10.1 inch for comics only and read with PerfectViewer.  It opens .cbz .cbr pdf perfectly and you can save pages.  With newspaper strips , turn the tablet to read landscape and scroll down.  Only my opinion but I products, while excellent, aren't worth the price.  With an android tablet you can load a micro sd card which'll hold piles of comics. 
I must add that my newer Samsung tablet is having problems.  A recent update has badly affected PerfectViewer and I think I need to install another viewer. Shame as PV has been great up to now.
Also, although I download to my pc, I have a number of external hard drives with my digital collections.  The rule is back up, back up, and back up again.  At least.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.