in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 184 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

builderboy's uploads

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: builderboy's uploads  (Read 7862 times)

boox909

• VIP
message icon
builderboy's uploads
« on: April 21, 2010, 01:14:54 AM »

Fight Comics 048 c2c (edited)

Fight Comics #48
Feb 1947; 52 pages

Senorita Rio, Rip Carson, Patsy Pin-up, Kayo Kirby, Capt. Fight, Hateful Herman, Hooks Devlin, and Tiger Girl

Original scans by the fabulous FreddyFly with a new high grade cover and color editing by Builderboy.

Thanks much Builderboy!!!  ;D  It looks nice!

B.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
Re: builderboy's uploads
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 01:19:04 AM »

FreddyFly delivers a stream of golden goodies, I love to edit, and FF has good-naturedly welcomed my efforts in the past.  Thanks for the shout, boox909.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2010, 03:37:17 AM »

something new for the site: Fiction House's Jumbo Comics #090, a 52-page, c2c paper scan. No color improvements, so raw in a sense...though I did a significant amount of restoration to this beauty.

A JVJ collection piece...thanks again JVJ for the loan.  Fret not...I am back on the scanning trail.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 04:21:06 PM »

JVJ goodness!!!!!!!

Fiction House
Jumbo Comics #71
Jumbo Comics #73

Many thanks to Builderboy and JVJ!!!  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 04:24:02 PM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 05:02:54 PM »

boox, thanks for covering for me!  These beauties from JVJ's collection are a small release from the massive pile o' scans that I pushing through to get JVJ's box back to him.  Finished scanning the Rangers, finished scanning the Jungles, very very close on the Jumbos.....its go-go-go time!

Hope you likey...color edits will come in the future.  Nose to the grindstone scanning now, so...gotta go.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 01:47:23 PM »

Get psyched!  I just scored a copy of Jo-Jo #24!  Once I get JVJ's stuff completed (so close to being done!), I will post this Jack Kamen beauty.

p.s. - on the JVJ stream, I am scanning and squirreling away the raws to best dedicate my time to finishing the scans and returning JVJ's box in time for his trip to France.  One notable deviation from that plan is a copy of Movie Comics #2, which I am scanning and passing to Yoc of DCM for editing.  Keep your eyes peeled for that one, featuring some Matt Baker goodness.
ip icon Logged

josemas

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 02:51:03 PM »

Ooohh!! Matt Baker!   Looking forward to that one.

Thanks!

Joe
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »

Fiction House
Movie Comics #2 (JVJ_BB)

:o Matt Baker Alert!!!  :o

Many thanks to Builderboy for scanning and producing, and to JVJ for generosity and sharing.  ;D ;D ;D

ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2011, 09:38:39 PM »

A couple things uploaded:

Target Comics v4 #01, scanned from my personal collection (don't know why it took me so long to get it posted!)

Rangers Comics #055, from the collection of JVJ, scanned by me,

Jumbo Comics #080, also from the collection of JVJ, scanned by me.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 05:30:19 PM »

A few fresh uploads, all Fiction House:

from Freddyfly, Jumbo Comics #24. Very nice...thanks Len.

and a couple from JVJ's collection:
Jet Aces #4, scanned by me, edited by DCM's Yoc, premiered on Yoc's Yahoo group, Fiction House Factory. Check 'em out.

also, Wings Comics #94, with a restoration of the cover, the interior of the book in raw format.
ip icon Logged

bbbrown

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 11:49:35 AM »

also, Wings Comics #94, with a restoration of the cover, the interior of the book in raw format.

Can you re-up this one?  I am getting a broken archive each time I try to get it.  Using archive manager under linux (not sure what version of Cent-OS) it doesn't open at all and with winrar on windows it says !   Wings Comics 094 c2c 52pg RAW JVJ BuilderBoy.cbz: Unexpected end of archive and only includes 43 pages.

Wish I would have had time to test it last night as I might have saved a few people from grabbing it.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

JonTheScanner

message icon
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 01:49:07 PM »

I'm having the same problem
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 04:09:55 PM »

Sorry about that, fellas.  I will delete the one on site now and re-up.  Gimme a few minutes....

OK, re-upped. Can somebody let me know if they have any problems with the new copy? I am at a site with a terrible internet connection.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 04:58:53 PM by builderboy »
ip icon Logged

bbbrown

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 06:27:33 PM »

looks fine when I open the archive...not downloaded it to my own system and looked at it though.

Archive has 52pg and opened up nicely.

Thank you for the fix.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 09:00:46 PM »

point of interest, bbb...what exactly do you mean 'open the archive'? I thought the site only currently supported downloading files (we have a 'view online' button that I thought was not yet functional).

Either way, glad you got it...enjoy!
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2011, 04:40:13 PM »

Just an update on what's in the que for coming releases:

I have the balance of my first box from JVJ that are raw scans, pending editing. On the screen now is Wings 87. That one is getting close. Right behind it are 6 or 7 books that I scanned in full at 300 dpi which already exist on the site in partial format, although at lesser resolutions.  My short-term plan is to insert the missing pages and re-post, but in the future, offer the full, higher resolution scan as an alternate.

There are probably five books which are scanned but NOT on the site, mostly Wings and Jumbos.  I will bounce back and forth with the issuance of those till they are done, then start scanning the huge pile of JVJ box #2, all Prize books, many with early Jack Kirby covers.  Its enough to make you weep with joy!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2011, 07:09:54 PM by builderboy »
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2011, 04:58:52 PM »

Silly me...not WINGS 087, but JUMBO 087, now posted.  It is a bit of mish-mosh.  I have edited much of the book, inclusive of color 'restoration' (to the Sheena and Sky Girl stories).  I know that many who come here would prefer to see the books with LESS editing. I have included in the preview thumbs of the Sky Girl splash page in both its edited and unedited state.

I will say this about it: the raw scanned images are dark and tinted either sepia or amber tones from the paper aging.  To deal with the 'unlit' quality of the initial scans, one can simply play with the boundary conditions of the 'levels' histogram. This will make the blacks darker and the generally bring up the gamma of the piece, but it will also accentuate the ghosting of colors from the reverse side of the page, as well as increase the effects of paper aging.  The balance of the stories in this book are treated that way, without any further treatments to deal with color balance, so you will see a good strong image, but with overall color values shifted to yellow and red.

I might come back to this piece to finish the other stories, so that it is more consistent, but I think it more important to move along to the next piece. THIS TIME, Wing 087.

Hope you enjoy the Jumbo.
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2011, 07:13:34 PM »

Now up: Wings 087, from JVJ's collection.  A c2c scan, all images left raw
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2012, 08:05:24 PM »

First upload since the site's new return:  Fiction House's Fight Comics 077.  I have some catching up on upping of my scans, and will peck away at it.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2012, 09:26:24 PM »

Thanks!!

AND MORE MORE MORE!

We are on a HUGE drive for files. But do not be put off if your comics are not appearing in the viewer. It may take some time (even a week) or maybe just an hour. I will write a post about it, but uploads are immediate and the viewer processes 35+ comics a day every day but it is a random eater. It is also voracious and needs to be fed.

So PLEASE upload all you have got!

Regard,

Mark
ip icon Logged

builderboy

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2012, 01:39:19 AM »

Thanks, Mark...the site looks spectacular.  I am glad to be back and be a part
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2012, 08:56:21 AM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

josemas

message icon
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2012, 09:42:55 AM »

Thanks BB.  Glad to see you back and uploading away.

Best

Joe
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.