in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,818 books
 New: 193 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

FIFA World Cup thread

Pages: [1] 2 3

topic icon Author Topic: FIFA World Cup thread  (Read 14687 times)

boox909

• VIP
message icon
FIFA World Cup thread
« on: June 08, 2010, 10:47:34 PM »

I can't be the only one excited that the World Cup is only a few days away -- who else will be glued to their televisions and internet connections during June 11 - July 11?

Let's post sources and such, okay?

A neat Yahoo World Cup portal:
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/world-cup/

A totally awesome interactive calendar showing the match ups and schedules:
http://www.marca.com/deporte/futbol/mundial/sudafrica-2010/calendario-english.html

;D Go Germany!  ;D Go USA!  ;D Go Chile!  ;D

B.

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: FIFA World Cup thread
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 05:00:23 AM »

Gang (especially you newbies) I am going to be glued to World Cup coverage, so I will not be around to push accounts through as quickly as usual. So PLEASE be patient. Turnaround should be a few hours tops during live World Cup matches. So, do not worry, Narf or I will get to those of you who need pushing.  ;D

Thanking you in advance. Go Mexico! Go Uruguay!  ;D

B.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 05:02:40 AM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:41:20 PM »

First day of WC action was pretty awesome. I'm happy for all of the teams.

Anyone watching?

B.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 03:48:34 AM »

A reminder -- Gang (especially you newbies) I am going to be glued to World Cup coverage Saturday, so I will not be around to push accounts through as quickly as usual. So PLEASE be patient. Narf or I will get to you; no worries.

Go South Korea! Go Nigeria! Go USA!  ;D ;D  ;D
B.

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 02:06:28 PM »

Really impressed with South Korea's play!  ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2010, 03:58:17 PM »

Nigeria has a great goal keeper. Argentina is an awesome team, but Nigeria is no slouch -- Greece had better start worrying.  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2010, 11:53:37 PM »

I will cheering for Brazil!

Janus
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2010, 10:06:04 PM »

Is Germany bad arse or what? And Ghana rocks also!  ;D
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 07:09:57 PM »

To put it in my local dialect,  Ah've been away mah holidays, to Italy, and I was thinking how lucky I was to leave there before the W. C. began.  Then, I log into my 2nd favourite comic site only to find that all you lot seem to love football.  How I could do without all this.  I really dislike football - probably because I went to Broomfield for years and years when just a lad - and, as a radio listener, I can't even enjoy that without having my ears polluted by rubbish about "soccer".  It's all so boring, both the games and the coverage.  I used the abbreviation W. C. as it's short for toilet and as such is suitable to describe this exercise in cynicsm, marketing, unsportsmanlike conduct, big jessies falling down and rolling about in fake agony greetin' for their maws and moanin' to the ref. that, "that big boy hut me and ran away".  Anyway, sorry to be such a moaning old sod but that's about the only pleasure I can get from this sad, shallow, shadow of what was once quite a good sport.
As I'm sure many of you will want to put the boot in, all I can say is, "haw, ref., that's no' fair"
I'm off for a long walk followed by reading some decent comics.  Hibernation's not an option at this time of year.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 07:58:26 PM »

No harm done paw broon!  ;D

I did not grow up a soccer fan, but I usually wake up when the World Cup comes around.

I wish I had not missed the rugby matches, I am totally ignorant to that sport, but plan to educate myself and try to follow it.

B.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 11:38:47 PM »

Okay, today I really liked Japan's team. Strong and agile. And Italy sure pulled themselves out of a hot fire. I am currently watching the Netherlands v. Denmark replay because I had to leave out this morning before the game ended.

Yes, I am in full FIFA World Cup nerd mode.  ;D  Looking forward to tomorrow's matches!

B.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2010, 01:28:13 PM »

Argentina --  :o :o :o WOW!!!  :o :o :o
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2010, 07:43:48 PM »

Yeah, well, rugby.  I'm Scottish but I don't enjoy Rugby Union, whereas Rugby League is really hard and exciting. Fortunately, I think ESPN or Eurosport will carry Aussie RL and that's the best league in the world.  (I don't have Sky)  Also we now get Aussie Rules on cable and that's the dog's B******s. You want to see action, speed , skill, end to end excitement?  This is for you.
Saturday is the Scotland v. England cricket in Edinburgh and I feel sure we will be gallant losers, again.  In other words, we'll get slaughtered.  American football and Baseball both intrigue me and my wife and I have been gridiron fans for 25years or so.  Time to laugh - I am, and have been since Kenny Anderson times, a Bengals fan.
There's so much more than soccer. so much more that's more exciting and, there's a whole summer of great cricket coming up.  For all you non British, tune in to Radio 4 long wave for Test Match Special.  I love it and I'm Scottish.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2010, 12:43:10 PM »

>:( >:( >:( I loathe this Spanish referee.  >:( >:( >:(
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 03:49:06 AM »

Many good matches in the last few days.

Portugal scoring seven goals??? It should pay off for them depending on what C
ip icon Logged

Janus Wolf

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 05:08:56 AM »

Ah yes....Brazil, still going strong.....

Janus
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 03:22:12 PM »

This France v. South Africa match is a nail biter!!!

Mexico must be feeling some fire on their necks!  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 08:23:07 PM »

I can't believe that Nigeria couldn't pull it off. wow....just wow...   :-\
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2010, 03:52:11 PM »

Congrats to England and the USA!!!  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2010, 06:23:23 PM »

A big thanks to our new members for the patience in pushing their downloading account through. I am still struck that Italy laid an egg today -- Italy and France...are they waiting for England & Spain to follow?

Regardless, remember that during World Cup matches, your accounts will not be forgotten and that they will be pushed through for downloading within a couple of hours after the matches tops.

I now go off to watch Denmark vs. Japan and Cameroon vs. Netherlands.

Joy!  ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2010, 03:52:16 AM »

Bedtime...big games on Friday!

For those of you joining the site overnight, you will have to wait until morning to be pushed through.

Please show patience as we totally appreciate members that realize the human factor that makes this site function.

Nite nite all!  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2010, 01:56:20 PM »

Brasil over Portugal! That's how I'm calling it!  ;D I don't care what Ronaldo does, Portugal is going down!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2010, 03:53:07 PM »

??? A draw? Bummer.  :-\
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2010, 06:13:30 PM »

I'm siding with Chile and the Swiss.  ;D
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2010, 07:27:13 PM »

OMG! I can't believe that the Spanish actually showed up to play.  :'( Com'on Chile!!!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.