in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

a Question about AGE OF ADVENTURE

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: a Question about AGE OF ADVENTURE  (Read 1282 times)

happyhuman

• VIP
message icon
a Question about AGE OF ADVENTURE
« on: June 30, 2010, 01:38:39 AM »

Does anyone got or seen AGE OF ADVENTURE Comics Golden Age Reprints?

are they the same quality as the AC Comics reprints? or worst/better?

+ did anyone read the Big Bang comic series or Knight Watchman? are they any good?

http://www.bigbangcomics.com/index.html

http://profchallenger.com/default.aspx

thanks
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: a Question about AGE OF ADVENTURE
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 03:39:01 AM »

I've not seen Age of Adventure, HH, sorry.

There was a Caliber Big Bang run of three issues or so and a longer Image run. I bought many of them when they came out, but they soon became rather tiresome and repetitious. I don't think I was the intended audience and doubt if my recollections will help. I'm sure I still have the books squirreled away somewhere. Same with Knight Watchman for which I have the four issue Image run (again, somewhere...).

Perhaps there were more recent runs/publishers, but I've not been buying comics for some years now. Sorry.

Peace, Jim (|:{>
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 04:26:21 AM »

I would agree with Jim. They tried to capture the SA but very difficult to regain the charm. Big Bang has a SA look with a more GA pacing but some modern updating. Kinda like reading some of the SA DC Essentials. In small doses they are fun but trying to read to many gets tiresome. I have never seen Age of Adventure either. BTW I have an "inhouse" work-up copy of Big Bang #1. A neat curiosity.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 04:59:25 PM »

happyhuman, here's alink to an interview with Mr. Howell, which should shed some light on Age of Adventure.  I think some of the titles are illustrated stories rather than balloon comics.

http://www.dvdinmypants.com/hotpants/sub/bca/keith.php

I was the same as JVJ, in that I bought as many Big Bang titles as I could. And I'm sure I kept a few as examples but heaven only knows where they are.  JVJ's opinion is bang on. And, sorry I can't generate some controversy here, but narfstar has it just right also.  I saw a few at a recent mart here in Scotland, in a 50p box, so, I suppose you will be able to pick some up and test our opinions.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.