in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 184 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Centaur: Amazing Man 05, Funny Pages 03

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Centaur: Amazing Man 05, Funny Pages 03  (Read 3097 times)

shazam_tx

• VIP
message icon
Centaur: Amazing Man 05, Funny Pages 03
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:51:51 AM »

Amazing Man 05(#01) Sept 1939. I believe this copy came from fiche, but it is still excellent quality. Continued from Motion Picture Funnies Weekly, this issue features the first Amazing Man by Bill Everett,the Iron Skull by Carl Burgos, the Congo War Drum by Paul Gustavson,  the Cat man by Tarpe Mills, and many others. Almost the same lineup of artists that would soon be found in Timely's Marvel Mystery Comics, Human Torch, and Sub-Mariner.

The Funny Pages v1 n03 (July 1936) Continued from The Comics Magazine. Very early Centaur title, with very politically incorrect black stereotypes. Odd mix of color and black and white strips and text features. The comic book format was still being developed and it would take a few more years and some guy in a cape before they all got it right. This issue may also be from fiche or a slightly off scanner. Still good quality.
ip icon Logged

kusunoki

• VIP
message icon
Re: Centaur: Amazing Man 05, Funny Pages 03
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 03:59:45 AM »

Wow! I've been dying to see this Amazing Man since as long as I can remember. Can't wait for it to be up.

Thanks for the great uploads!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 04:57:35 AM »

WOW!!! I can barely wait to see these gems! Thanks!!! ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 02:31:20 PM »

Great work Shazam!
;D
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 11:35:25 AM »

The Funny Pages v1 03 is now available, the Amazing Man 05 was exactly the same size as the one already on the site, so l did not use it, sorry about that
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Star Comics -- Chesler or Centaur???
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 04:38:51 PM »

I see Star Comics in each section...but for some odd reason I also
associate Star Comics with Quality.  ??? ??? ???

I need to get out my index I guess  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

shazam_tx

• VIP
message icon
Re: Centaur: Amazing Man 05
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2007, 03:21:37 PM »

Finally figured out why I missed seeing this title when I was searching for books already on the site. There was a sub-category for Amazing Man all by his own self. Duhhhhhhhhhhhh.
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
Re: Centaur: Amazing Man 05
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2007, 08:16:07 PM »

Finally figured out why I missed seeing this title when I was searching for books already on the site. There was a sub-category for Amazing Man all by his own self. Duhhhhhhhhhhhh.

It's mighty easy to do that, Shazam. I should have a huge lump on my head from thumping myself every time I have accidentally downloaded something twice, or kept nigh identical files on a title. Having some titles operate under different company names can be confusing as well. Nedor comes to mind on that front!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.