in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 185 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Wonder Woman Casting

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Wonder Woman Casting  (Read 1817 times)

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
Wonder Woman Casting
« on: August 12, 2010, 12:36:27 PM »

I have heard many rumors about who was going to play Diana Prince if a live-action movie ever actually gets done. Out of all the actresses rumored to play her I'm hoping it is Erin Cummings http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1423270/mediaindex.

Here is her doing her civilian identity http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3005122560/nm1423270
ip icon Logged

profh0011

• Global Moderator
message icon
Re: Wonder Woman Casting
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 02:11:52 AM »

I was just watching my tapes of BUFFALO BILL (1983) again, and I was reminded... if they'd done a WONDER WOMAN movie back in the 80's, the perfect actress to have played her back then would have been Geena Davis.  She looks EXACTLY like the 1940's version of the character!  Talk, slender, dark curly hair.

http://www.perfectpeople.net/photo-picture-image-media/Geena-Davis-737x601-73kb-media-389-media-0178.jpg
ip icon Logged

CharlieRock

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 07:52:41 PM »

Had they made one in the 90s they would have had Lucy Lawless as the perfect actress for the role. lol
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 08:17:14 PM »

I'll take Jessica Alba in any role
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 08:44:49 PM »

What if they made a movie/serial back in the 1940s? Who would you (have) cast?
ip icon Logged

Menticide

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 06:47:58 AM »

What if they made a movie/serial back in the 1940s? Who would you (have) cast?

Yvonne de Carlo, don't think Lily Munster, same woman, totally different era, absolutely beautiful, but if it was a decade earlier, Dolores del Rio. Of course, there wouldn't have been a Wonder Woman movie in the 1930s, but I was just inserting my opinion.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 06:50:22 AM by Menticide »
ip icon Logged

Menticide

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 08:22:43 AM »

Had they made one in the 90s they would have had Lucy Lawless as the perfect actress for the role. lol

Although I do find the idea of 90's Lawless appropriate for the role, to a certain extant, at the time, I probably would have voted for Salma Hayek, if you are beginning to see a pattern here, I'll admit it, I am a bit partial to a certain kind of woman, and my wife is half Hispanic. So, I'll shut up, and walk away now. I'm obviously outed on this one. But, hey, at least I'm pretty consistent...
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.