in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,837 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Re: Rex Dexter Complete Collection

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Re: Rex Dexter Complete Collection  (Read 178 times)

Jerry V

message icon
« on: May 26, 2023, 02:00:02 AM »

Thank you, FraBig, for all of your time and effort in making this awesome compilation available!

Link to the book: Rex Dexter Complete Collection
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2023, 08:38:44 AM »

Thanks, FraBig! Time to crack open an ice-cold Kooba cola and see what Rex is up to. cheers, bowers
ip icon Logged

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 03:10:10 PM »

Lol, I wonder what Kooba cola tasted like back in the day. These weird drinks that were advertised in Golden Age comics always instrigued me. Another fun one is the one featured in Chesler's comics: King Kolah. They even invented a character with the same name to act as the deity that Mr. "E" worships in his stories.
ip icon Logged

bowers

• Global Moderator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 04:11:04 PM »

I think we've discussed Kooba cola before- there was no such thing! See this for an explanation-  https://atocom.blogspot.com/2010/03/kooba-cola-drink-that-never-was.html   Cheers, bowers
ip icon Logged

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 05:13:59 PM »

Wow, I didn't know that! Such an interesting article. I wonder if that was the case for King Kola too.
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2023, 12:31:31 AM »

I wonder if that was the case for King Kola too.

Apparently so! There's a fascinating rundown on King Kola on the Jack Cole fan site:

http://colescomics.blogspot.com/2012/01/for-all-his-talent-and-ambition-its.html

The blogger believes Cole illustrated the King Kola ads. One of the comments says there was another King Kola which was produced in the 1930s. Coca Cola sued them. The suit plodded along til 1944 when KK bit the dust. However this doesn't seem to be Chesler's soda. That one was probably imaginary like the famous Kooba.
ip icon Logged

FraBig

message icon
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2023, 04:40:33 PM »

That's fascinating! What an oddity!
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.