in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

UPLOADED new comics, when will they show up?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: UPLOADED new comics, when will they show up?  (Read 1899 times)

BAT-1

message icon
UPLOADED new comics, when will they show up?
« on: February 21, 2011, 02:14:14 AM »

Uploaded ACE - Web of Mystery #10, #19 & #20 the other day.  Just wondering when they will show up as available for download to others?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: UPLOADED new comics, when will they show up?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 02:52:56 AM »

Uploaded ACE - Web of Mystery #10, #19 & #20 the other day.  Just wondering when they will show up as available for download to others?

Ah, when/where/how did you upload these?
ip icon Logged

BAT-1

message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 04:46:12 AM »

Its was around the 17th or 18th I believe. From the home page (http://www.goldenagecomics.co.uk/index.php) I selected [Upload File]. I input the Download Name, input a Description, selected Browse on the Download line until I located my file, selected the file. found ACE comics and then selected Web of Mystery in the Category section. Then selected Preview as stated in the Notice to upload the files.  Did this for all three comics and it appeared to indicated that everything had been sucsessful. Sorry if I screwed up somewhere, but I'm just a retired Navy disabled Vet with nothing more to do than pick up a new hobby. Seemed only fair to try and give back if I had somehting that was not on your site. I'm still a Newbie here though and never really got involved on any message boards so just let me know what I may have done wrong and I'll fix best I can.  Thanks - Bat1 ...and yeah the nickname is really Batman from Dad years and years ago...sort of funny when the guy that pushed me through said to fly on in...  Enjoying the site alot BTW...you guys keep up the good work.
ip icon Logged

JonTheScanner

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 04:41:51 PM »

Bat-1,

Did you click on confirm at the end?  That's the annoyingly required last step that seems to trip up many first time uploaders.  Please read these threads for more info

http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,1133.0.html
http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,4.0.html

If you can't get upload to work, PM me.

And thanks for helping
ip icon Logged

BAT-1

message icon
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2011, 10:54:21 PM »

Jon - I tried the upload process again & your numbered steps are as I had done before. After following all of your numbered steps again twice with a .cbz upload file, at Step 11, it went through after I hit the PREVIEW button. Then another "identical" page came up, but there was no CONFIRM button on the page.  At the bottom, it again only offered the Preview or Reset buttons (in white, on the blue bar, just above the Google ads). I do have, from just the few sections I've seen so far, at least a dozen files not on the site.  Please help or I would need some step by step guidance on doing the FTP thing, as I have no clue what that is, let alone how or what (additional software?) I would need to do the FTP uploads...but seems that may be the way to go.  Also, I didn't check yet today, but I've download over 40 comics and I wasn't allowed yesterday to download.  Could you please check this as well.  Thanks BAT1
ip icon Logged

Geo (R.I.P.)

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2011, 11:51:02 PM »

Jon at this time I believe the site uploading doesn't work, you can only use/do it with the ftp. I can't/couldn't get it to work since the meltdown, only with the ftp does it work ok.

Geo
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.