in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

HERO Initiative

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: HERO Initiative  (Read 1258 times)

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
HERO Initiative
« on: March 25, 2011, 05:08:45 PM »

Hoping this doesn't sound too preachy.

I recently became a member of the HERO Initiative:
The Hero Initiative creates a financial safety net for comic creators who may need emergency medical aid, financial support for essentials of life, and an avenue back into paying work. Since inception, the Hero Initiative has been fortunate enough to benefit over 40 creators and their families with over $400,000 worth of much-needed aid, fueled by your contributions! It's a chance for all of us to give back something to the people who have given us so much enjoyment.

We can talk all we want about how much we value the old comics and, presumably, the people who created them, but we can actually do something about it directly. You can become a HERO member for as little as a $30 donation. I would urge anyone who isn't a member to join today and help out those in need.

Plus, you get a neato membership card!! Sadly, my member number is in the mid hundreds - there should be thousands of members.

End of preaching.

Anyway, for more info, check out http://www.heroinitiative.org/

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.