in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Great Site! However . . .

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Great Site! However . . .  (Read 1791 times)

riczar

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: riczar
message icon
Great Site! However . . .
« on: March 07, 2007, 02:41:21 AM »

I just about fell over myself with glee when I found this site last week.  I'm a huge comic book fan and would love to read more from the Golden Age.  I found the download restrictions a little severe.  After a couple of days I decided to donate $5 (limited income and I donate to other worthy causes).  If I read the somewhat confusing instructions, I think that's the minimum to increase my downloads.  But besides the receipt from Paypal, I've yet to receive any reply or upgrade in service from this website.  In fact, my service has gotten WORSE!!!!  I can't even log onto the download site anymore.  The site administrator has yet to reply to my e-mail.  And I sent a PM to one of the moderators here.  I'm starting to feel frustrated and cheated.  I'm going to give it a few more days before I start waving the red flags.  Is anyone else having problems like I described?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Great Site! However . . .
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 05:34:25 AM »

No need to cry foul behind the bloody shirt of $5, who did you send the pm to? Aussie? Serj?

Serj and Aussie have worked so hard to bring us these sites -- and that means only a couple of people are actually pushing the levers and cranks that make these sites hum nicely for all of us -- please give them a little more time to address your concerns before calling out the marines.

B.  :-\ :-\ :-\

I'm starting to feel frustrated and cheated.  I'm going to give it a few more days before I start waving the red flags.  Is anyone else having problems like I described?
ip icon Logged

Zog

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Great Site! However . . .
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:02:12 AM »

It's been sorted
;D

You are now vipped

There has been a number of delays. Mainly because as boox909 said, only two of the three admins have been actually working.

ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.