in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,819 books
 New: 188 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Detective Comics & Hello

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Detective Comics & Hello  (Read 3108 times)

dbillmanql

• VIP
message icon
Detective Comics & Hello
« on: November 09, 2006, 01:12:42 AM »

Hi,  Great site.  I found you all via the File-Catchers site.

I saw in your banner that you had Detective Comics.  I was wondering if you planned on uploading some of the old Detective Comics.  I am particularly looking for issues 17-26, there was a run of Fu Manchu comics based on the works of Sax Rohmer.

I don't have much in Golden Age comics except some 3-D comics.  If interested, let me know requirements for scanning comics and I could try one.

Thank you 

Dave Billman
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
Re: Detective Comics & Hello
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 02:04:41 AM »

Unfortunately DC's Detective comics are not considered to be public domain so we cannot have them, the picture on the header is for decorative purposes only, rather than as an indication of what comics we have. If they are golden age and public domain yes we would be interested in the 3D comics, not sure how people would go about reading them these days but l am sure they would find a way. Any publisher with a section already on the site would be great, Serj also has a list up of the other publishers we are interested in. Most scanners scan at 300dpi edit and resize to 1024 pixels width and 150 dpi although if you wanted to scan at a higher resolution and have the finished page at 300dpi it does not make a lot of difference to the size of the file. If you then pack the scan up with winzip or winrar and change the file extension to cbz for a zip file or cbr for a rar file so that they can be read with a comic reader like CDisplay. If you wanted to give us the names of the comics we could check if any have been scanned, might make it a bit easier for you.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.