in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Greetings all

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Greetings all  (Read 868 times)

PeteLajoie

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: PeteLajoie
message icon
Greetings all
« on: August 28, 2012, 03:24:09 PM »

Hi everyone.  I'm finally signing up after discovering scanned comics a few years ago, but stayed away for my own sanity... where to start?! Thanks to all the creators, scanners and uploaders.

I grew up on Australian cheapie b&w reprints in the 70s and 80s, big single volume compilations of golden age, DC, Charlton and Warren horror... it's strange to see the golden age stories in colour!

Some of my faves...I've loved the work of Joe Kubert, Gil Kane, Jack Kirby, Alex Toth, Steve Ditko, and the amazing Filipino artists of the 70s... Rubeny, Alcala, Nino.  As a kid I also devoured 70s Batman, Harvey and Archie, Commando, and Tornado, any comics I could get my hands on... and here I am.   I'm looking forward to delving into this site, thanks again.

Vale Joe Kubert, his long lean lines so strong and beautiful! 
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Greetings all
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »

Hello Pete.  Welcome to CB+.  Leave sanity at the door.  Collect on way out. 
I think you'll fit in well here.  Lots of great comics to read and piles of new stuff to discover.  We have some Australian titles in the UK and Australian section but not recent or Phantom etc. and you'll also find old British titles there as well.  Dig in.
By the way, I have some of those Aus reprints in my collection - great fun.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Greetings all
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 10:07:17 PM »

Welcome Pete come in and enjoy
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.