in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,817 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Just Joined, what an incredible site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Just Joined, what an incredible site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1061 times)

ahertz0508

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: ahertz0508
message icon
Just Joined, what an incredible site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 23, 2012, 08:12:35 PM »

ALex here in San Francisco, been collecting comics on and off since 1964.  Sell some on ebay, but it all goes back into books, and occasionally have to sell books for kids' college.  I collect Planets, Wally Wood, Matt Baker, great horror/sci-fi pre-code, Marvels, Batman, some undergrounds, Barks ducks, etc.  This website is a dream come true, one can look at the contents of so many books!  As a 5th grade teacher, my time is currently limited, but during the summer, I will be exploring this website a lot! Love to hear from some fellow collectors.
   Oh, yeah, from 1995 until about 2007, I took my kids to Comic-Con almost every year, but when it hit 140,000, with hotels sold out in 15 minutes, and even tickets hard to get, I was done. Hopefully, Wonder-Con will be back in SF in 2013!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 08:15:59 PM by ahertz0508 »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Just Joined, what an incredible site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 08:23:56 PM »

Hi Alex from another teacher. High School math teacher. I have comics in my classroom and have put a spinner rack in the library and donated comics to put in it. If you have any books that are PD we are missing please consider scanning and contributing this summer.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Just Joined, what an incredible site!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 11:26:48 AM »

Hello Alex and welcome to CB+. Enjoy the comics.  Comic Cons in Scotland were only recently resurrected but they are and always have been on a smaller scale than the big American ones.  And although there is a Collectormania or similar every year which more memorabilia than comics, we fans rely on small comic marts, mostly in Glasgow.  I envy your real, big cons over there.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.