in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 184 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

FTP to main site upload question

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: FTP to main site upload question  (Read 2984 times)

rez

• Past Member
message icon
FTP to main site upload question
« on: May 26, 2008, 06:08:59 PM »

Greetings.
I see that PlasticMan 41 which was just placed in the FTP is now located on the main board.
I also notice that it is still in a zip file.

Is this how the operation of transfer the files to the site operates in that whatever form the uploads arrive to the FTP that is how they will be placed on the main site?

If so, should one learn to change all files to be uploaded to the common cbz so the CDisplay program can open it unhindered by the need for an additional zip program?

Just looking for some clarification here is all.
Thanks.
ip icon Logged

citaltras

• VIP
message icon
Re: FTP to main site upload question
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2008, 10:31:03 PM »

Rez:

CDisplay will open also any zip or rar file; just rightclick on it and choose open with CDisplay.
Anyway you can just rename to change the extension of your file from .zip to .cbz, either
before or after uploading to the ftp.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 12:50:39 AM »

I had just noticed that my winzip window automatically opened when I went to view the PlasMan book I'd uploaded to check on the final presentation

so I thought that it was needed to open the files.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 04:02:59 AM »

Hi Rez,
Sorry, I forgot to rename the Zip file a CBZ file when I moved it over to the main site. 
It's not a big deal as anyone who downloads it can right click on the file and rename it to a .cbz file for viewing.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 05:59:28 AM by Yoc »
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 05:38:59 AM »

Just trying to learn the ropes. ;)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.