in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Image Hosting

Pages: 1 [2]

topic icon Author Topic: Image Hosting  (Read 10363 times)

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
Re: Image Hosting
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2013, 07:45:41 PM »

Speaking of Videos......wouldn't it be nice to have a Video section here for Movie serial chapters, Super Hero PD movies and the likes? Just a thought......

RB @ Work and should be doing some work.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2013, 08:50:00 PM »

Yes ... swerve as in move around ... the page I put the link up for is not exactly inspiring. Forgetting the words that started with "Mejuba is our attempt" ... the text formatting is not right. Not good signals
ip icon Logged

fate man

message icon
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2013, 03:49:23 AM »

Hey,guys,
I Have one question:
Should I post attachments of any retro golden age hero and villain images i do on this thread?
Sorry to bother you!
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2013, 12:16:07 PM »

No.

Why not start a thread of your designs under the "Shameless Self Promotion" section:
https://comicbookplus.com/forum/index.php/board,23.0.html

Hey,guys,
I Have one question:
Should I post attachments of any retro golden age hero and villain images i do on this thread?
Sorry to bother you!
ip icon Logged

fate man

message icon
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2013, 07:41:35 PM »

No.

Why not start a thread of your designs under the "Shameless Self Promotion" section:
https://comicbookplus.com/forum/index.php/board,23.0.html

Hey,guys,
I Have one question:
Sorry to bother you!

Hey,That's a good idea.,thanks for the suggestion!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:37:41 PM by fate man »
ip icon Logged

Drahken

message icon
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2013, 02:36:33 PM »

*gets deja vu* Didn't I see this same topic on DCM.... :p

Anyway, as I mentioned there, imgur.com is a good site. It's free, images don't expire like they do on some sites, and it allows for "albums" (folders). It also gives you the option of uploading via web interface or by downloading progs for PC, apple, or *nix, or browser extensions for firefox & chrome.
I have webspace, which I usually use for hosting images, but I use imgur a lot for re-hosting images I find online (the browser extensions allow you to transload pics from other sites with just a couple clicks), and find it to be quite useful & reliable.

I threw together an album to test out the functionality of it: http://imgur.com/a/6Tj3y
You also get the ability to embed albums. When you embed an album in a web page, it will show the first pic, with thumbs for the rest underneath & you can view the other images in the album by clicking the thumbs. Like this: http://imgur.com/a/6Tj3y/embed
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2013, 03:07:28 PM »

Personally I would suggest setting up a site with say godaddy .. domain name/email and hosting would cost about $5 a month.  Just ftp the stuff and over time you can make yourself a website. Plus you have a snazzy looking email.

Also, now with the new CB+ features ... you can add ANY of our comic book pages to your comicmarks .. and give them your own description. You can just then send people the link to your page.
ip icon Logged

fate man

message icon
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2013, 02:07:28 AM »

Hi,Guys,
I started a thread of my retro golden age hero designs under the"shameless self-promotion"section.
You should check it out athttps://comicbookplus.com/forum/index.php/board,23.0html
Tell me what you think.
It is entitled"my retro golden age hero group shots".
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 02:09:32 AM by fate man »
ip icon Logged
Pages: 1 [2]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.