in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,806 books
 New: 184 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Just arrived

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Just arrived  (Read 6580 times)

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
Just arrived
« on: November 04, 2006, 01:00:53 PM »

Thanks Serj for the forum, much better than the chat box  ;D
ip icon Logged

GoldenAgeComics.co.uk

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: GoldenAgeComics.co.uk
message icon
Re: Just arrived
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2006, 01:03:20 PM »

I thought the chat box would be enough but we have over 1000 members now and with not alot of free time I would rather have a fourm dedicated to support etc than shoutbox and emails etc.

Welcome anyway Aussie, your admin here so set up any categories and posts etc you want.

Also I have decided to use SMF software instead of phpbb, like on zcultfm, as it seems like a nicer and easier forum to manage.

Thanks
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2006, 01:17:06 PM »

l will get used to the new style, not sure that l will have a lot of time either, been struggling to get anything done lately. l notice l changed from aussie500 to Aussie500,  thought someone had swipped my name when l tried to register, eventually worked out to check my email  ::)
ip icon Logged

GoldenAgeComics.co.uk

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: GoldenAgeComics.co.uk
message icon
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2006, 01:39:55 PM »

Well you can change your name if you like but I registered accounts for you and zog last night and the system should have emailed you details on the account, so glad the emails got to you.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 02:57:41 PM »

Lucky you did not send it earlier, l have like 3427 unread emails, it would have got lost  :o
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

Zog

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 08:15:53 PM »

Aussie I thought you had put up three new covers on the main page of http://goldenagecomics.co.uk/
I only see three now...is it me seeing things?
Either way good job, it's nice to have new covers, stops the site from getting stale.
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2006, 08:22:58 PM »

I think she put up few new categories and not new covers but I could be wrong.

Once all the bugs are edited out I want to somehow figure out how to put up a rotation of comic covers so with each refresh a random comic cover will be shown. Just have to view the code and figure it out :)
ip icon Logged

Aratak

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2006, 08:30:33 PM »

Thanks to all three of you for your outstanding work on this place.

Forums are certainly more fun that chatboxes and more interesting for new folks, too, I think. I was a member in good standing of the Freedom Force computer game forums for many years - I still go by there to check in. Marvelous community, that. I hope that you can build something as lively in the Golden Age scanning community.

I applaud the decision to stick to "dead" companies, as well. There's great stuff to be had in the "Grey Zone" of copyright.
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 04:34:00 PM »

Actually l have just resorted to rounding up the #1 cover for the titles now, and either one of the ones we have or one of the better known titles for the categories. Later on l will collect a few more covers for the categories. Some of the comics l am not sure what cover they have, stuffed up one and had to change it to the original cover, ended up downloading it so l could find out if it was the original or the reprint  ::)
ip icon Logged

cimmerian32

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 03:40:11 AM »

Actually l have just resorted to rounding up the #1 cover for the titles now, and either one of the ones we have or one of the better known titles for the categories. Later on l will collect a few more covers for the categories. Some of the comics l am not sure what cover they have, stuffed up one and had to change it to the original cover, ended up downloading it so l could find out if it was the original or the reprint  ::)

Would it be helpful if I upped the front cover jpg when I post the books to the FTP?  If so, no problem, jus PM me and I will start ;D

... and I can easily make that retroactive as well.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 03:47:07 AM by cimmerian32 »
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2006, 02:53:42 AM »

Thanks cimmerian32, l think there is actually a way to have the front cover displayed when looking at the download page, but have not advanced that far yet. Most of them are done now, but if you are uploading the only issue we have for that title, or a comic that does not have a publisher section yet it would save me time looking for a cover to put up. the one l stuffed up was the Man O'Mars one, l accidently used the reprint cover  ::)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.