in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Greetings from Moscow!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Greetings from Moscow!  (Read 1707 times)

Doctor Volkovitz

message icon
Greetings from Moscow!
« on: March 14, 2013, 12:34:44 AM »

Hello to everyone! Me name is Alex & I'm huge fan of comics. I'm founder of "Old Comix" group in Russian social network Vkontakte. Thanks to all for this wonderful site!
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
Re: Greetings from Moscow!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 01:55:54 AM »

And a big welcome Doctor. Please enjoy all that is here. We would certainly be most appreciative if you could inform us of old Russian comics. Again welcome.

Richard
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2013, 01:38:50 PM »

Hi Alex!!!

You are very welcome here. I don't know if you are aware, but this forum and I guess a great many others are constantly fighting spammers who try to sign up. The vast majority hail from China, Russia and the Ukraine.

So it is really nice that we have a real life Russian non spammer aboard :) I think that there are a couple more of your compatriots who are also members. It would be great if you let your group know about us and also if they signup to let me know or just be aware if they don't get an email within the day I have accidentally deleted them as spammers and to let me know then.

Also, it would be great if you could help us source some public domain Russian comic books and we have a pamphlets section (link on the right of the logo). It would be cool to have some Soviet era government material there. Ones with a lot of art work, would be a great addition to our site.

Before I go, I'll just let you know that as a 15 year old in 1976 I went on a school trip by bus across Europe and the Soviet block. I spent about 10 days in Russia. I had a great time! I still bore people about it and how I have seen Lenin in his tomb.

Also my forum image (and "official" photo) was taken by a young Russian guy who I met in a pub. He was on a photography holiday. I really cheekily asked him to take my picture and gave him my email address. About 2 months later it appeared in my email inbox :)

Best regards,
Mark
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2013, 02:34:21 PM »

Hello Alex and welcome to CB+.  We'd love to have examples of old Russian comics and Soviet era publications.
Look forward to reading your posts.
ip icon Logged

Doctor Volkovitz

message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2013, 07:40:04 PM »

I think I can share some issues of "Crocodile", old soviet satirical magazine.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2013, 07:54:15 PM »

Yes please.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2013, 01:31:16 AM »

Welcome Doc Volk and yes your comic contributions would be welcome
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 11:36:49 AM »

Hi ...

I had a quick look at Russian copyright laws ... BLIMEY! But from what I could gather we should be fairly safe with 1943 and before. Also I would guess that Soviet government propaganda and public service literature should be OK as well???
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.