in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Another new member joins the ranks......:^)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Another new member joins the ranks......:^)  (Read 1477 times)

bellarmine

message icon
Another new member joins the ranks......:^)
« on: September 05, 2013, 10:06:28 PM »

Hi all,

Just thought I'd take the time to say hello to all you here, and as I understand each new member is reviewed manually, to thank you for registering me.

I'm not exactly a comic expert, but my Dad grew up you might say during the Golden age, and he's passing on all the lore and info from that age onto me.  Seems all in all it was a great time, I find your entire site real interesting.  So refreshing after a days' complication, a simpler time...... ;D

I have a small collection of real (as in paper.... :)) comics my parents collected for me over the years.  Standard stuff, like Donald Duck, Richie Rich, a few Classics Illustrated, mostly all Goldkey.  Back then they didn't seem worth much, but I'm one for hanging on to things as long as possible, with the idea that if I wait long enough, someone just might want it  :D.  Sure enough, they're getting more and more valuable, like a lot of other things now these days when people are looking back instead of forward.

My Dad has a huge pile of electronic comics he's found, remembers a lot of it from growing up.  Collections of nearly all the more famous stuff.  Probably not much of it is suitable for this site, they were all downloaded from elsewhere, but they are sure great stuff to read. So different from the modern comics now, don't even like the artwork as much, I think it looks rather ugly and candy-apple style (since when did people shine like gloss paint??........ ;D

Also, I must say this is a great site!  Such a diversity of material, you're correct, you can't possibly read it all!  I find it very easy to navigate, and lightning fast response too, keep up the good work.  I can understand how tough it is running a website, just keeping our home media server running can be complicated sometimes.

FWIW, check out my YouTube page for some fun videos on other things, if you want to know me better (as if I'm so important lol..... ;)

Cheers!  8)

Bellarmine
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 10:09:32 PM by bellarmine »
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Another new member joins the ranks......:^)
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 01:31:37 AM »

Welcome bellarmine glad you enjoy the site
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 01:30:17 PM »

Hello bellarmine and welcome to CB+.  True that you'll never get through all the stuff on here but it's good fun trying.  Enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 07:16:52 PM »

A million pages and counting! You would never be able to read all we have in a life time! And give it another year the way we are growing, and that would be two life times.
ip icon Logged

bellarmine

message icon
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 05:23:49 AM »

Thanks for the welcome everyone, I will enjoy my stay!  ;)

All the best, and cheers!  ;D

Bellarmine
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 09:24:51 PM »

...Or die trying eh?
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.