in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Ace is the place.

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Ace is the place.  (Read 1396 times)

pikeprof

message icon
Ace is the place.
« on: October 08, 2013, 06:30:46 AM »

I'm getting much more hardcore into GA comics and I love Ace. I don't know why they're superheroes didn't take off as much as other companies, or why Nedor and Centaur seem to be the big favorites for GA fans, but I really like the Ace roster a lot. It seems Magno was one of their big "stars" and it looks like they made a lot of cool contributions to the super hero field.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Ace is the place.
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2013, 02:14:13 PM »

I agree that ACE's heroes do not get their due. For some reason they don't jump out as different. I think the Nedor stuff has gained notoriety from their Dynamic new stuff. I do not think that they were any better than ACE. Black Terror has the cool skull though.
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2013, 08:59:11 PM »

I think part of the problem was also no Solo books like the Fighting Yank and Black Terror had as well. Lightining had his own book (From Sure Fire) but didn't last as long. And along those same lines neither did any of the other "solo" Characters did as well such as Captain Courageous from Banner Comics, which I think was part of their problem along with distribution too. I think Nedor had a much better deal than Ace did. Centaur only today along with Fox gets recognition due to the fact that both companies missed the boat when the war came along because they folded before the War Boom that made all the other companies last so long during and after the war. True Fox came back but never very strong or big, was her ever? Now if you look at Nedor Vs Ace, Nedor had a more interesting and extensive 2nd string character list than Ace did. Ace's 2nd stringers 1) didn't last very long and 2) were not very memorable comparied to Nedor. JMO.

RB @ Work
ip icon Logged

Roygbiv666

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 08:08:08 PM »

And, never passing up an opportunity to flog my commissions, Magno and others feature heavily:

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryRoom.asp?GSub=142046&Order=Title

Ace, Bell Features, Eastman, etc. - I don't discriminate.

And now, back to the topic. Ace's Raven seems pretty cool too.

I'm getting much more hardcore into GA comics and I love Ace. I don't know why they're superheroes didn't take off as much as other companies, or why Nedor and Centaur seem to be the big favorites for GA fans, but I really like the Ace roster a lot. It seems Magno was one of their big "stars" and it looks like they made a lot of cool contributions to the super hero field.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.