in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,813 books
 New: 194 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

minotaur's uploads

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: minotaur's uploads  (Read 3181 times)

minotaur

• VIP
message icon
minotaur's uploads
« on: January 06, 2014, 12:09:51 PM »

Greetings everyone. I haven't done that many posts yet, compared to most of you, but I do what I can. I'm new to the scene, but will probably never leave now. Archiving is important to me, as it is to everyone here. My comic scans are posted on DCM. So far, British Story Papers are what I post here. I've just received a few Chums weekly and monthly story papers, and will be posting them here as I get them done. These quite often had extra material not collected into the Chums Annuals. The first one is now uploaded, along with some more Gems previously done for Friardale.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: minotaur's uploads
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2014, 02:00:31 PM »

Very much appreciated thanks
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2014, 04:46:58 PM »

This is good stuff minotaur and thank you very much.  Those Gem issues perfectly compliment the Magnets and Nelson Lee Library papers already on the site.  Let us know how many you have as paxman53 might be able to fill in lots of gaps.  The Chums section is pretty low occupancy so your submissions are greatly appreciated.
ip icon Logged

minotaur

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 05:07:07 PM »

Thanks for responding guys. Just uploaded Chums weekly no. 1630 Christmas number, Dec 8 1923. The supplement in this is the start of Rohmer's Fu Manchu serials, never collected in the annuals (I don't think). It's the 1st Fu Manchu book "The Mystery of Dr. Fu-Manchu", published in 1913.

Paw, the Gems and other papers come from a poorly bound collection done by an amateur. The issues were not sequential and contained many incompletes, as well as other titles. I dismantled it and am still in the process of scanning them. Dreadnoughts will be the next. I have a few more issues I've sent to Friardale that I'll post here as time permits.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 07:55:52 PM »

Thanks minotaur. Keep up the good work.  Friardale is a great resource.
ip icon Logged
Comic Book Plus In-House Image

minotaur

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 07:34:03 PM »

Just uploaded another Chums weekly, #1632 Dec 22 1923-Christmas number, with another Fu Manchu episode. This one only has 24 pages.
ip icon Logged

minotaur

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2014, 12:50:53 PM »

Just uploaded Nelson Lee 12 and 13 of 1926, parts 1 and 2 of the story arc Holiday Adventures In China. Also Schoolgirls Own 741 and 742 of 1935, parts 1 and 2 of the story arc Hiking Holiday At Brighampton. And finally a Christmas issue of Modern Boy 255 1932.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 05:28:08 PM »

Excellent additions to the site. Thank you, minotaur.  There are more NLL BOOKS on my hard drive ready to be uploaded when I can find some free and quiet time and they wont interfere with the ones you are doing as they're from the previous series.  Keep up the good work.
ip icon Logged

minotaur

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 10:15:50 PM »

Thanks for the response, paw. Always good to hear the scans are appreciated. I have maybe half of the Series 2 Nelson Lees, a lot of which are complete story lines.

I've just uploaded Modern Boy 13-1928 and 358-1934 xmas number. Also Union Jack 1054-1923 xmas number and Schoolgirls Weekly 613-1934.
ip icon Logged

minotaur

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2014, 11:50:24 PM »

Just uploaded Schoolgirl 387 and Vanguard 114, both xmas issues. Also Modern Boy 14 and Nelson Lee 14 Series 2, part 3 of the story arc.
ip icon Logged

minotaur

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2015, 04:06:56 PM »

Just uploaded ACG's Giggle 66 complete issue.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.