in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 187 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

The Blue Beetle with Spider-man, live action

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: The Blue Beetle with Spider-man, live action  (Read 3442 times)

The Wolf

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: The Wolf
message icon
The Blue Beetle with Spider-man, live action
« on: August 29, 2008, 10:19:50 PM »

This might not be how you remember the Blue Beetle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0pxoSricSI&feature=related

Enjoy, none the less.

The Wolf
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
Re: The Blue Beetle with Spider-man, live action
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 12:52:58 AM »

Whew! That was downright exciting!
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 04:33:27 PM »

Y'know, now that you bring it up, does anybody know if the Electric Company folks were actually referencing the Fox (or Charlton) superhero?  Or is it just one of those coincidences that a funny name in the 1970s just happens to be a ripoff name from the 1940s?

If you can get Jim Boyd himself to announce that such a thing were true or untrue, so much the better.
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 04:54:26 PM »

Iffin I were a betting man I'd have to wager to the intentional side.
I mean with that arrival of Spiderham to the mix...
ip icon Logged

The Wolf

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: The Wolf
message icon
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 06:21:49 PM »

I wondered about coincidence also.
Spidey was already on the show. In fact many of the Spidey segments from Electric Company can be found on Youtube. They might wanted to add a "lame" superhero and thought of a bug and added an adjective. The fact that it became Blue Beetle was that it was in their subconscience.
ip icon Logged

comicsnorth

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 08:39:07 PM »

I suspect that the "Blue Beetle" is one of those super-hero names that has filtered into the public's consciousness without most of them being aware of exactly where it came from, just like the number of people who use the terms "Bizarro" and "Brainiac" with no real idea that they are Superman villains.  At least, that usually seems to be the case to me.

-comicsnorth
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.