in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 185 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

WONDER COMICS NO. 1

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: WONDER COMICS NO. 1  (Read 1848 times)

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
WONDER COMICS NO. 1
« on: March 21, 2014, 07:03:43 PM »

Strange. I wanted to leave a comment on WONDER COMICS No. 1, but I'm logged out when I go there. When I log in there to leave a comment, I'm redirected to the forums page. When I go from the forums page to the comic books page, I'm logged out again. Must be something to do with my cookies, I guess.

Anyway, I'll leave my comment here--and if the administrator believes it belongs elsewhere, he can cut and paste it.

About the contentious WONDER COMICS No. 1--I was looking at the information for this issue and I noticed that the GCD has the publisher located at 480 Lexington Avenue, in New York. A notable address, since this is where the publishers of Superman were also located.

Interesting that Victor Fox and Wil Eisner were allegedly stealing from Superman in the very same building where he was published.

I wonder if there were ever any uncomfortable hallway conversations between the folks in the offices of these two litigating publishers.
ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
Re: WONDER COMICS NO. 1
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 07:33:31 PM »

By the way, this past St. Patrick's Day marked the 75th anniversary of WONDER COMICS No.1. Where was THE MAN OF WONDER major motion picture? Where were the WILL EISNER'S WONDER MAN ARCHIVES? Where are the Wonder Man action figures and video games? Where is the jubilee edition of WONDER COMICS No. 1? Some diamond anniversary this turned out to be.
ip icon Logged

kenq

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: kenq
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2014, 10:26:56 PM »

Interesting that Victor Fox and Wil Eisner were allegedly stealing from Superman in the very same building where he was published...
I wonder if there were ever any uncomfortable hallway conversations between the folks in the offices of these two litigating publishers.

There were more than uncomfortable conversations over the publication of WONDER COMCS and the character Wonder Man in particular. If you care to know more, you may want to check out the series of blog posts I made about the matter, starting here:  http://thecomicsdetective.blogspot.com/2010/07/dc-vs-victor-fox-testimony-of-will.html

I also wrote a long article about this subject which can be found in ALTER EGO #109 (May 2012).

--Ken Quattro
http://thecomicsdetective.blogspot.com

ip icon Logged

jimmm kelly

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2014, 11:51:22 PM »

Thanks. I'll check that out. I'll see if I have a copy of ALTER-EGO 109. I used to get every issue, but I've had a hard time finding hard copies in town. If I don't have it, I'll buy the digital copy.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2014, 08:24:20 AM »

Jimmm

Try this ... hopefully it will cure your affliction https://comicbookplus.com/forum/index.php/topic,7508.0.html
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.