in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

boxes upon boxes of old british comics!

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: boxes upon boxes of old british comics!  (Read 2082 times)

Cew27

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Cew27
message icon
boxes upon boxes of old british comics!
« on: September 23, 2008, 07:53:41 PM »

as the title says i have loads (given to me by my grandad) ranging from mid 70's 80's, warlords, voctors, beanos, loads more i can get more info if needed. just wondering what they are worth ?
ip icon Logged

John C

message icon
Re: boxes upon boxes of old british comics!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 10:43:10 PM »

Just so you don't think you're being ignored, I'll just point out that this might not be the most useful place to ask.  There might be a few people with the right knowledge, but there aren't a heck of a lot of "collectors" here, nor do many of us focus on more recent material (the downloads available here date back to the '50s at the latest).

As with any collectables, your best bet to test prices is probably to check the relevant price guides (I don't know if there's any specialty material on British books) and compare them with the final auction prices on similar items out eBay way.  Between the two, that should give you some idea of what people are willing to pay for particular books.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 05:19:30 AM »

This Yahoo group might be a place to go about Brit comics.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Scanarama/

Good luck,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Stigandnasty

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Stigandnasty
message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 04:26:48 PM »

A quick look on ebay will give you the answer.  Much more interest in British comics in the last year or so...
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.