in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

A New Member

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: A New Member  (Read 954 times)

joebee6137

message icon
A New Member
« on: July 11, 2014, 04:41:10 PM »

My name's Joe Morrison, I live in Tennessee (I'm originally from upstate New York), I'm getting ready to retire from 20 years active duty with the US Army, and I've been collecting comic books since around 1966. Your site provides me with the priviledge, benefit, and honor of being able to save and read a vast collection of Golden Age era comics without spending thousands of dollars for the authentic physical copies. Thank you for adding me! My physical collection has grown to a meager 12,000 to 13,000 books of mostly Silver Age era to about the year 2000 (I took a hiatus from collecting during most of my military career and I should probably have a lot more books than that by now), and I pretty much collect anything that catches my eye or interest. I don't collect most newer books because I feel that it's just a lot of overly priced crap. But now, of course, I have an excuse to grow a sizeable digital collection of Golden Age classics! You guys are the bomb!!  8)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2014, 04:45:36 PM by joebee6137 »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: A New Member
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 07:42:17 PM »

Good to have you here Joe, but that's rather an explosive compliment ;)
Enjoy the comics and please join in the conversations.  Oh, and when you're finished with the American stuff, there is a lot of worthwhile British, Aus. and non-English language material to dig into.  If you need some recommendations, just ask.
(Couldn't agree more about a lot of modern comics, particularly from the big 2.)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: A New Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 02:03:44 PM »

I live in Cleveland, TN. I think a bunch of true comic fans need to get together like a bunch of ten year olds and trade comics in the area.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.