in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,823 books
 New: 183 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello from Romania !

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello from Romania !  (Read 1165 times)

betino1995

• VIP
message icon
Hello from Romania !
« on: December 29, 2014, 11:51:45 PM »

:) I'm Andrei alias Betino1995, a passionate comics reader from Bucharest, Romania and I found this site...let me compare it with the American Federal Gold Reserve in New York City, which is the largest gold stockpile in the world ! And now I present my intentions with Comic Book Plus site:
  As you noticed in the last months I contributed with some Romanian books and I thank you again for opening the Romanian Non-English section and soon I hope we'll open a new one, I mean Hungarian, because I have an interesting learning book consisting of 520 pages, edited in 1943, dedicated for the 7th and 8th form Hungarian students and I compar it with the Romanian "Cartea omului matur". I started to scan it for Hungarian language speakers, like me too. I have to mention that I speak Romanian, Hungarian (my mother tongue), English and Spanish and this comic site is just what I need for my lectures.
I have other many Romanian magazines and books with comic art from the first half of the 20th century I hope that all these will be a part of Non-English Romanian section.
I have 36 issues of "Universul Copiilor" (Children's Universe) from 1939 and 1940, the most important Non-Communist children magazine which appeared between 1925-1948 and 1990-1998 and contain many comic stories. You will see them soon, but maybe we will group them in a subsection in the Romanian section called "Universul Copiilor" like other languages magazines. These are so rare that you cannot find them on the entire net nor can you read them in National Romanian Public Library in Bucharest. So the very first site where they can be find soon is "Comic Book Plus".
Among Communist children magazines with comic short stories are: Cravata Rosie (1953-1967), Cutezatorii (1967-1989), Luminita (1953-1989), Arici Pogonici (1957-1979), Soimii Patriei (1980-1989), Luceafarul Copiilor, Almanahul Copiilor (1980-1990), Almanahul Cutezatorii (1980-1990), Almanahul Vacanta Cutezatorilor (1988-1989).   
Unfortunately, the Romanian comics quality is far poorer than of American one. I think that only in the 1980s the quality of Romanian comics can be compared with American 1930s and 1940s golden years and I have the ONLY TWO comic albums with various entire stories which appeared in more than 100 pages in Romanian language in 1988 and 1989 ("Almanah Vacanta Cutezatorilor") ! Before that, in the 1960s appeared 9 issues in "Colectia Stadion" of Romanian Classics Illustrated in 30-40 pages (among them are Ernest Hemingway and Jules Verne). Excepting these, all the other comic stories appeared in children magazines in 1-2 pages, none of them dedicated only for adults (like the American Love comic stories or Crime or Horror, for example).
As I said in an older post in Romanian Communist era (1945-1990) only 4 genres of comics were allowed: History, Adventure (also Western), Science Fiction and Great Communist achievements. No Love, Horror, Underworld comics for adults or flying heroes like in USA.
However, a particular situation represented by "Coltii Sacalului" comic Western series, appeared between 1984-1991 after Romanian Niculae Frinculescu's novels called "Coltii Sacalului" and "La sud de Rio Bravo" which are my favourite Romanian comic series. Imagine that in nowadays Northern Korean Communist regime a Western comic series would appear in Korean language in that country !!! I can compare Ceausescu's regime with the North Korean one. Ceausescu was inspired in a 1970s visit in North Korea to put his person on the first place as a cult of personality. But his regime died exactly 25 years ago.
If I am allowed to post here the blog address of the biggest Romanian comics collection, this is: revistacutezatorii.blogspot.com.
This is not my blog but I posted many comics there.
8)
ip icon Logged

crashryan

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Hello from Romania !
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2014, 12:53:44 AM »

I, for one, would love to see those Romanian comics. Here in the USA we've seen plenty of Western European comics, but comics from Eastern Europe--as well as from Scandinavia--are very hard to find.
ip icon Logged

betino1995

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2014, 10:16:55 AM »

I don't expect that my newer comic books (Coltii Sacalului, Vacanta Cutezatorilor 1 & 2) to be allowed here because they are from the 1980s, but I sent them for the moderators of this site to view their quality.
They are the BEST Romanian books which appeared in the Communist era. For those who want to read the comic stories of these books they can acces: revistacutezatorii.blogspot.com. It seems that blog is legal and free for non-commercial use.
8)
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 10:06:10 PM »

We welcome you with open arms Andrei. And we welcome your comics with open browsers. Very excited that we will be the first to host your rare gems. I have added Universul Copiilor to the Romanian section.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.