in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,820 books
 New: 189 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Where can I post a question on whether I can upload some comics or not?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Where can I post a question on whether I can upload some comics or not?  (Read 1812 times)

Binsk

I have a few comics that I wanted to know if I'm allowed to upload, but I don't know what section to post my question in.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Where can I post a question on whether I can upload some comics or not?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2015, 07:31:35 PM »

PLEASE ask away! Here will do!

But chances are if something similar is not on the site then there is a good reason! 
ip icon Logged

Binsk

message icon
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2015, 12:44:13 AM »

These are some Three Stooges Comic scans I have:
-The Little Stooges #1,2,3,5,6,7
-The Three Stooges Meet Hercules (I'm pretty sure this one is OK, because its made by Dell)
-The Three Stooges #9,10,25,26,28,29,31,33,36,39,44,47,48,50,52,55
-Eclipse 3D Three Stooges #2,3
P.S. I noticed there were already a few Three Stooges Dell Comics on your site (which I downloaded and read) so I uploaded another Three Stooges Dell which you didn't have (#1187). I may have one or two more Three Stooges Dell which you don't have, so I will try to upload those soon. ;D
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 02:57:50 PM by Binsk »
ip icon Logged

Binsk

message icon
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 03:04:09 PM »

By the way I uploaded the Three Stooges #1187 as a CBR, however I have since learned how to convert it to a CBZ. Would you like me to reupload it as a CBZ? I'm not sure if I can delete the file I uploaded, so if not an Administrator can remove it. Also I don't know if its important, but if you like, I could download the existing Three Stooges comics that are CBR on your website and convert them to CBZ. If you would prefer users to upload CBZs rather than CBRs, you should leave instructions on how to do so on the upload page.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 03:08:56 PM »

Hi .. No it's OK it's up fine. I need to check a bit more but I can't find any copyright renewals for the Three Stooges. Which is sort of strange
ip icon Logged

Binsk

message icon
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2015, 03:10:30 PM »

The instructions could be similar to what follows:
*To create a CBZ file, simply name (with numbers) the individual page image files in the order in which you would like them to go in, and then compress the folder into a .zip. Then simply rename the .zip and replace the extension(.zip) with .CBZ
*To convert a CBR to CBZ, first use an unrar program to extract the images in the .cbr into a folder. Then simply follow the instructions from step 1.
(I'm not sure if all unrar programs can unrar CBR files. If not you could rename the .cbr to .rar and then use the unrar program)
ip icon Logged

Binsk

message icon
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »

OK, just let me know. :)
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2015, 07:55:41 PM »

Upload as you have them!

I'll sort them out. Still can't find a reason NOT to have them on the site :)
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission: Our mission is to present free of charge, and to the widest audience, popular cultural works of the past. These are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They reflect the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We do not endorse these views, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

Disclaimer: We aim to house only Public Domain content. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further. Utilizing our downloadable content, is strictly at your own risk. In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.