in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Hello from England

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Hello from England  (Read 1669 times)

Kentishlad

message icon
Hello from England
« on: April 08, 2016, 08:21:33 AM »

Hi guys, thanks for the approval to the group, Ill be making a donation as I appreciate what you guys are doing here and its for the benefit of many. Particularly those like me in the UK whos access to a lot of Golden Age stuff is somewhat limited in print (unless we can pickup some older copies of Alan Class books which reprinted a lot of the horror/sci fi stuff from the 50s
Ive been a comic collector for many years, sold them all off in the mid nineties (great mistake) and started collecting again on and of for the past ten years and now am back into full time you could say.
Like I say, appreciate being added to the group, the art and history being provided is truly wonderful.

Tony
oh.. $20 donated hope it helps keep the site going
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 08:23:44 AM by Kentishlad »
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Hello from England
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 08:35:09 AM »

Hello Tony.  Welcome to CB+.  I'm certain you'll find a lot of stuff to read and enjoy.  There seems to be a resurgence of interest in Alan Class comics recently. Join in the conversations.
oh.. thanks for the donation.
ip icon Logged

Kentishlad

message icon
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 08:53:07 AM »

Hello Tony.  Welcome to CB+.  I'm certain you'll find a lot of stuff to read and enjoy.  There seems to be a resurgence of interest in Alan Class comics recently. Join in the conversations.
oh.. thanks for the donation.

No problem. Its not come from an email address associated with this account (dont worry I wont be registering another lol)
I used to have a ton of Alan Class comics as I regularly bought them in the 80's along with my marvel comics. It suprises me in fact that people arent as interested in the Double Double comics released in the UK as these actually contained pages from original books, as you most likely know already. From the few Alan Class books I still have, its great to be able to cross reference the stories in those to the original books. (I think theres a sight thats already done the work but then wheres the fun in that?).
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 05:24:02 PM »

Welcome to the group. If you have any Alan Class books not indexed a www.comics.org please help out there. Also if you can add any reprint notes great.
ip icon Logged

Kentishlad

message icon
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 09:35:39 AM »

Welcome to the group. If you have any Alan Class books not indexed a www.comics.org please help out there. Also if you can add any reprint notes great.

Will do. Just taking a look now to see whats required
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.