in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Can I download IDs in order to make links to you?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Can I download IDs in order to make links to you?  (Read 1568 times)

ctgarry

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: ctgarry
message icon
Can I download IDs in order to make links to you?
« on: April 14, 2016, 10:25:05 PM »

I have a data table with a few information fields - publisher, title, issue, genre. In it there are about 48000 records, each representing a comic book published in the US before 1960. I would like to add a field for the dlid of the scan, if it exists at comicbookplus.com. The reason I ask is that the data table drives an informational webUI and I would like to allow a user who finds an issue to also have a handy link to the scan page at comicbookplus.com. I see a thread from about 8 years ago in the forums about having comics.org link to your pages in this manner, but obviously that never manifested in the GCD web interface.

Is there a way to obtain a list of dlid without having to manually inspect the comicbookplus.com URL for all 29292 scans?

I have enough information on my own on how to make the correlation from your ID to comics I know of for my data table. I would prefer to link to each scan page directly. But there are lesser alternatives where maybe my year page (for example) January 1942 could link to https://comicbookplus.com/?cbplus=yns_4201_0 which shows 50 or so scans. Those are scans for about half of the 100 comics I know about from that month.

Thanks
Christopher
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.