in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Thabostobok and SeqImgs

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Thabostobok and SeqImgs  (Read 1825 times)

b_turtle

message icon
Thabostobok and SeqImgs
« on: June 14, 2016, 12:02:10 PM »

Hello! I hope you are having a good day.

1 - THABOSTOBOK

I just finished chapter one of a comic called Thabostobok which is based on a game Dwarf Fortress. I would like to share it with as many people as I can and see if I can find an audience. So far it has been well received by the community who plays this game.

http://www.seqimgs.com/comic/thabostobok

Feedback and random chat on the comic are all appreciated.

2 - SEQIMGS

Also that website, SeqImgs, where this book is hosted, is a new comic platform which anyone can sign up to and publish their own comic. I know... nothing new... but we already have a lot of great features which other sites don't have, and will be continuing to add more!

http://www.seqimgs.com

Hm. Come to think of it, I should have a "links" page where we link to other free comic sites and add comicbookplus.com :) See?! New ideas coming up all the time!

If you have any requests to improve the site let me know.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Thabostobok and SeqImgs
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2016, 11:05:42 PM »

Thanks I checked it out. I found that I enjoyed it as good light reading but then it began to be tedious. I realized that is to be expected because I am the same way with those types of games. So I can see where the game players would continue to enjoy it.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2016, 11:32:38 PM by narfstar »
ip icon Logged

b_turtle

message icon
Re: Thabostobok and SeqImgs
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2016, 06:04:28 PM »

Thanks I checked it out. I found that I enjoyed it as good light reading but then it began to be tedious. I realized that is to be expected because I am the same way with those types of games. So I can see where the game players would continue to enjoy it.

Thanks for the genuine feedback!

Yes, the game itself is tedious and a lot of the seemingly boring jargon are all references to the game, which might make it a lighter read if you get the references. But, I am still glad you mentioned this because I am hoping for the comic to be universally readable. I think the overall consensus is that the dialogue is too "chatty", so I guess I'll have to work on that moving forward.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.