in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Crime Does Not Pay (Story Search)

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Crime Does Not Pay (Story Search)  (Read 1938 times)

Screwysquirrel

message icon
Crime Does Not Pay (Story Search)
« on: August 12, 2016, 06:12:23 AM »

Hello
I wanted to ask a question,about a story that appeared in the early issues of "Crime Does Not Pay" i will give the synopsis for this brutal story " a man in a black mask that covers his face,breaks into a house! We see a little blonde girl with pigtails who is playing and talking with her dolly, the man hits the little girl in the head with a club killing her, he then laughs and says "cmon dolly lets go find mommy" I have not been able to find this story, but i feel it appeared in one of the early issues,possible #s 23-25,29,31,33,35,36 i have bought a copy of 40 so i will be able to check it! The artist on the story i believe is "Alan Mandel" as the faces i have seen in other stories by him look similar! I hope someone can help me find this story
Most Sincerely
Wayne
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Crime Does Not Pay (Story Search)
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2016, 04:18:47 PM »

Hi Wayne,
I'm sorry but I don't know enough about this title.  Perhaps some of the members with better knowledge can help.
However, we have a lot of this title here:-
https://comicbookplus.com/?cid=869
so have a look through them - you might be lucky.
ip icon Logged

Screwysquirrel

message icon
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2016, 12:03:54 AM »

Hello paw broon
Thank you for your response.No the story does not appear in any of the issues currently available on "Comic Book Plus" as i mentioned the art is a bit crude,so i feel it would be from one of the early issues, long before George Tuska, began working on the title. I have determined to the best of my ability that the artist would be "Alan Mandel" as i have looked at his stories in various "Lev Gleason" titles. And the style does match.I can not remember where i saw the story, i know i only read one page of the story, and it was not the title page,but the things i mentioned, happened on that page. It might of been in one of the issues of  "Tales Too Terrible To Tell" published by New England Comics, these were horror pre-code reprints
Wayne
ip icon Logged

Screwysquirrel

message icon
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2016, 04:37:37 AM »

I am hoping that someone may have the early volumes of the CDNP archives, and may see the story? And let me know. As I mentioned I feel sure the story is by Alan Mandel, it is somewhat primitive, i have a feeling it may of appeared in issue 24? I have asked "Pappy" from "Pappy's Golden Age Comics Blog" if he recognized the story, he said he did not! But said he would if a child appeared in the story, and i agreed that yes this does make the story stand out! In closing i again feel that it is from an early issue of CDNP
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.