in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

I have a Bone to pick

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: I have a Bone to pick  (Read 3676 times)

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
I have a Bone to pick
« on: September 08, 2016, 03:05:15 PM »

I have a Bone to Pick....

Now I am not a regular member that goes to Digital Comic Museum that often. Mostly I go to see the difference between CB+ and DCM to see if I have missed anything.

Now the reason I do not contribute to DCM is because it is so Anglo oriented, which means if it is not in English it isn't there. As a lot of you may know I am mostly these days into International Comics from around the world. So there isn't any place for my scans, my work, or my efforts to post over at DCM.

My bone to pick is not with DCM but what I see/saw there. Fox Feature Comp's re-posted there Prime User and I will admit I have no idea who or what this person is. Now this person doesn't directly take credit for these comp's that I did on Fox, however I do believe in giving credit where credit is due.

I am sure all of you or at least most of you would agree that this is and should be the norm. Now that said it is perfectly obvious to me at least, where these comp's posted @ DCM came from as you can see from this site here.

Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming DCM or Prime User as it may be a simple mistake or unwittingly not knowing where the comp's originally came from. But.... whomever this person who "fixed' my comp's is or did that ended up over @ DCM is totally ignoring where they came from.

Call me thin skinned but again I do believe due diligence should be given and credit given where it is rightfully deserved. Sorry but this pisses me off to no end. If it was just ONE comp I did I may just say...No big deal.  But this is not the case. There are a whole lot of my hard work and time spent doing these posted @ DCM with no acknowledgement from where the original comp, the original uploader, the person who took the time and effort to do such a massive company like Fox Features Superheroes.

Sorry in advance for the rant...but I could not keep silent about this issue. Tell me....all of you...tell me if I am wrong or stupid. I want your opinions. Integrity should be what this site is all about and should be @ DCM.

I await your responses....good or bad.... I don't care.... I just want to know. Thank you

Richard Boucher AkA Mr_Goldenage

Post Script.  Here is the post I made at DCM on one of the many Comp's posted there.

DCM Archives and Collections > Green Mask Comics Vol.1 Compilation part 1 -fixed

File size     46.48 MB
Uploader:   prime user
Downloads: 85
Views:   169
Rating:   Admin Rating: n/a   Avg. User Rating: n/a   with 0 votes

Rate File   

> Description
Fixed to correct viewer sequence error.
Courtesy of comicbookplus.com.
Original upload by David Miles

> Comments
8-September-2016 3:37 pm   
Edit | Delete

Username:   mr_goldenage

Comment:

This is the one that I did at CB+..... FYI.....thanks for the fix. Original uploader and comp by Mr_Goldenage. I spent a lot of time on the Fox Feature Comics so here is the link for the work I did.

https://comicbookplus.com/?dlid=61392

PS I did ALL the Fox Feature superhero comp's that I see here. Please give credit where credit is due. I am sure you understand how I feel about this as anyone would who spent the time and effort to do such a massive amount of work on any comp. This is not criticism but a reminder to please be honest. Thank you.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: I have a Bone to pick
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2016, 04:18:33 PM »

I think you're quite right, Richard.
As you know, I feel that attributions should be as correct as possible and I've been embarrassed recently when I've uploaded files and didn't know/had forgotten/lost my notes, who the original scanners were.  I try to remember to ask anyone if they can i/d the scanners, as I'll be relieved to add the correct names to the files.
Any of our files downloaded and posted elsewhere SHOULD have the scanner i/d as well as the uploader listed.  It's easy to do with your compilations. 
Mind, you'll probably find that your work, and lots more from CB+, will be sold on dvd by dealers on ebay and elsewhere, and that's just our donald duck!
ip icon Logged

movielover

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 05:02:07 PM »

Did you send a PM about the situation on the DCM forums. Can be easily corrected.

Probably shouldn't going throwing stones though, as many books picked up at DCM and moved over have no information of who the scan/edit team are if there is more than one person involved, just who uploaded.

ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 10:17:25 PM »

If I remember DCM lists the uploader first off. But that uploader should indicate where it came from. I am sure DCM will be happy to give you credit.
ip icon Logged

bdw

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 05:23:23 AM »

I might add that Prime User is one of the Admins/Mods at DCM Rich. Just PM him. all easily fixed I imagine.
ip icon Logged

MarkWarner

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 07:47:18 AM »

Just ping a message and all will be good! Oh and could someone help put the toys back in the pram ... lol  ... JOKE :)
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 02:53:31 PM »

thanks guys...I really appreciate the advice. This is why I post this here. On occasion I tend to get a bit hot headed so knowing that I knew you fine fella's would give me some sanity and straight answers/solutions. Just one more reason why I love this site/home over DCM. Again thank you.

Kindly

ip icon Logged

Yoc

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 05:16:44 PM »

Richard,
The best place to get results would be over in the DCM forums.
A private message (PM) there to Prime user would also have gotten you prompt corrections on any missing credits.

You can do that  or send me a PM here with a list of the collections in question and I'll add any credits you want.

Take care,
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

mr_goldenage

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 07:43:22 PM »

Yes Yoc you are quite right...that is the proper way to do this and I will when I have the time. I appreciate your offer to help as you and many others have been so helpful to me in the past. I posted this here rather than over @ DCM so I did not go half-cocked and not use common sense and a cool head. (No puns intended guys ok?). Just give me some time and I will give you a list in a PM either to you or Prime User or both. Thanks again for all the advice my friends....that is why I love being here (No slight to DCM by the way) and I do still like DCM for other activities there. Take care people.

Peace Out

Richard Boucher AkA Mr_Goldenage.

Post Script: I am currently working on 3 other companies at one time....Centaur, Ace, and Better/Standard with different concepts on how to present the comp's in a new and different way. Probably post the results next year with Ace probably being the first of the 3. Stay tuned.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.