in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Greeetings from Canada

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Greeetings from Canada  (Read 1243 times)

emonk

message icon
Greeetings from Canada
« on: October 08, 2016, 12:38:25 AM »

I love old comic books.
I love all comic books actually. It never even dawned on me that these are public domain.
I was just wondering if anyone knew what the actual physical dimensions are of comic books?
Reading them online is fun, but I still like to print them out, and frame them.
From what Ive seen, golden age is anywhere between 10.5 to 10.75 wide and 7.75 wide.
Printing them with a color glossy cover and news print innards is a bit tricky. I've tried using visio and publisher. I'm curious if anyone else is a printed matter fan and what they use for materials and editors.

Thanks.
Ed
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
Re: Greeetings from Canada
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2016, 07:45:28 AM »

Hello Ed. I don't print the comics, mainly as it costs a lot in paper and ink, but also because I have a big physical collection already and not a lot more space.  Your dimensions for ga books are about right but American comics have changed size over the decades.  And non-American comics are a whole different thing, coming in all shapes and sizes, from books the size of fag packets  to various landscape sizes throughdifferent sizes of tabloid and almost broadsheet.  You've got me on my hobbyhorse, so I'll get off again before I bore you to tears.
The important thing is to enjoy the comics.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2016, 02:23:54 PM »

I am like Paw. Too many physical copies already. So I just read and enjoy
ip icon Logged

emonk

message icon
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2016, 12:52:47 AM »

Thanks. Originally I'd print and frame just the cover and hang it up it in the cave, Having access to these really old goldies is nice.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.