in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 213 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Features:

Pages: [1] 2

topic icon Author Topic: Features:  (Read 22005 times)

Serj

• VIP
message icon
Features:
« on: December 09, 2006, 12:49:29 AM »

Are there any features you want added to the website or forum? If so ask for them here.

If I like the feature then we will try to add it to the script. I will reply to every feature request here with a reason why it doesn't belong here or a YES we will add it soon.

So post your reasons here. Do you want VIP's to have FTP access to files instead of downloading via site? Do you want other ways to download files other than direct download with limits? Do you want to see a list of 10 newest files etc?

Ask and we will consider it.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
Re: Features:
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 05:17:58 AM »

Hi Serj,
I'd love to be able to see the latest books uploaded with perhaps an option to specify how many days back to list them from.  ie. 7 days, 30 days, etc.

It'd also be fun to know what the top 10 downloads are in a popular section but that's just a fun idea, nothing seriously needed.

Thanks to you and everyone else for making the site such a wonderful place for GoldenAge collectors everywhere!

-Yoc
ip icon Logged

Zog

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 04:50:45 PM »

What about converting the one IRC chat room to a golden age chat-room?
The only one who sits in the comic discussion room, is myself, it might as well be used for something.
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 02:04:34 AM »

What about converting the one IRC chat room to a golden age chat-room?
The only one who sits in the comic discussion room, is myself, it might as well be used for something.

Added chat room on irc.irchighway.net - channel: #ComicChat
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 02:06:09 AM »

Hi Serj,
I'd love to be able to see the latest books uploaded with perhaps an option to specify how many days back to list them from.  ie. 7 days, 30 days, etc.

It'd also be fun to know what the top 10 downloads are in a popular section but that's just a fun idea, nothing seriously needed.

Thanks to you and everyone else for making the site such a wonderful place for GoldenAge collectors everywhere!

-Yoc

New feature coming soon which will hopefully have a top 5 downloaded comics and latest 5 uploaded comics on top of forum with link to see last 30 etc. Also might be on the main site, depends how it looks.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 02:26:31 AM by Serj »
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 02:15:26 AM »

Huuuuray!!
;D
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 05:41:05 PM »

Also, if you know anything about me one of the things should be that i'm no artist and I have zero creative skills. For this reason if anyone has any ideas on improvements to the main download page in looks etc I will take them aboard straight away etc. So don't think features etc just for things we not got yet, i'm always looking to improve the current style (of lack of style) of the website etc.
ip icon Logged

emile11

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: emile11
message icon
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2006, 01:14:18 AM »

Hi Serj
Do you agree that members will be more happy to have the option to read the comics on line before download it . if so can you take a look on this site :
http://www.readpapyrus.org
we can arrange a kind of colaboration.
Regards
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 01:15:50 AM by emile11 »
ip icon Logged

Serj

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2006, 01:19:17 AM »

Hi Serj
Do you agree that members will be more happy to have the option to read the comics on line before download it . if so can you take a look on this site :
http://www.readpapyrus.org
we can arrange a kind of colaboration.
Regards

Send me a PM with details and ill reply back.
ip icon Logged

doccomix

message icon
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2008, 06:55:25 AM »

I love your "most recent 25" comics feature. However, occasionally (like yesterday!) we get a huge influx of new titles and it goes past the 25 mark, making it difficult to find everything that's been uploaded recently, (unless you've immediately downloaded all the comics!).

Would it be possible to either list the latest 50 books, or include a button that when pressed bring an additional 25 on the screen (making a total of 50)?
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2008, 07:18:03 AM »

I love your "most recent 25" comics feature. However, occasionally (like yesterday!) we get a huge influx of new titles and it goes past the 25 mark, making it difficult to find everything that's been uploaded recently, (unless you've immediately downloaded all the comics!).

Would it be possible to either list the latest 50 books, or include a button that when pressed bring an additional 25 on the screen (making a total of 50)?

Sign in to the download site, type "e" into the search box and just follow the dates. They are accurate now.

B.  :)
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2008, 03:51:22 PM »

Cool beans! Another previously unknown bit of GAUK data.
Thanks.

Sign in to the download site, type "e" into the search box and just follow the dates. They are accurate now.

B.  :)
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2008, 05:31:49 PM »

The "geekness" is strong within me Rez.  ;D

B. :D
ip icon Logged

doccomix

message icon
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 05:24:44 PM »

That's a useful bit of info. Thanks! I still think it would be nice for the casual searcher to have a button that would give the option of seeing more of the latest uploads though, without first searching "e" and then scrolling all the way down.

Regardless, I'm delighted at all the recent downloads. What a treasure chest of great comics!
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 05:25:20 PM »

Just caught your old recommendation for TUGZip and downloaded it as I was having trouble opening .rar files.
Does the job well. Thanks.
Can TUG be used in place of WinZip when prepping scans for FTP?

ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 06:45:26 PM »

Just caught your old recommendation for TUGZip and downloaded it as I was having trouble opening .rar files.
Does the job well. Thanks.
Can TUG be used in place of WinZip when prepping scans for FTP?

Rez, from my use of it, TUG appears to be able to do whatever winzip can do within reason -- but I have never tried to use it to prep files...ymmv.  ;D

B.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2008, 05:30:41 AM »

This may simply be a result of my ignorance and poor eyesight, but why isn't there a simple link (or at least an obvious one) to the GAC download site from the messageboard?
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2008, 06:04:46 AM »

Hi Jim,
No clue.  It sounds like a good idea but the last time I tried to tweak anything the entire site died for a night until someone much smarter than I could fix it!  :-[

I vowed never again to 'monkey' with the innards of the site after that!
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2008, 07:07:51 AM »

Hi Jim,
No clue.  It sounds like a good idea but the last time I tried to tweak anything the entire site died for a night until someone much smarter than I could fix it!  :-[

-Yoc

I remember that night!  :o "GA-UK: Night Of The Living Yoc!" :o

;D ;D ;D

::ahem::   ;)

Who sez we have no fun around here?   :)

btw, I want a cut of the royalties if such a film is ever made...  8)
ip icon Logged

rez

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2008, 06:02:07 PM »

Ya, I remember hearing something about that.
Bought the book, too.
Interesting front and inside covers...

Hi Jim,

-Yoc

I remember that night!  :o "GA-UK: Night Of The Living Yoc!" :o

;D ;D ;D

::ahem::   ;)

Who sez we have no fun around here?   :)

btw, I want a cut of the royalties if such a film is ever made...  8)
« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 06:04:13 PM by rez »
ip icon Logged

Aussie500

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: Aussie500
message icon
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 12:46:21 AM »

This may simply be a result of my ignorance and poor eyesight, but why isn't there a simple link (or at least an obvious one) to the GAC download site from the messageboard?

No idea, the link goes the other way, from popular download site to rarely visited forum, most of us keep our own shortcuts, or you could simply modify the address back to the original http://goldenagecomics.co.uk if you were in a hurry. Serj might include a shorcute one day, like Yoc, l am not about to attempt anything like that for fear of repercussion's.
ip icon Logged

JVJ

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 03:16:20 AM »

Well, aussie,
I'm just happy to hear that I'm not missing something obvious. I do have my own shortcut and it's certainly not a big deal either way, but it just seemed like it SHOULD be there and I wasn't seeing it. I can rest easy now.

btw, I really appreciate the fact that this site is aware of and respectful of copyrights. It's one of the reasons I felt comfortable offering my comics to be scanned. I don't know if you know it, but I publish a magazine devoted to out-of-copyright illustration art, and I'm a stickler for following the rules. Good on ya, for doing the same.
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 05:37:01 AM »

:D :D ;D
Ohhhhhh my, you got me good guys!!
+1 karma to Rez and Boox for the monkey shenanigans! 

After that incident I thought for sure I would be put in irons... like so...

And I agree Jim, GAC is trying to legal about things to avoid anyone wanting to shut us down.  Aussie here doesn't get nearly enough credit for all the work involved trying keep us on the right side of the issue.

So hats off to Aussie for everything!
-Yoc
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 05:49:37 AM »

:D :D ;D
Ohhhhhh my, you got me good guys!!
+1 karma to Rez and Boox for the monkey shenanigans! 

After that incident I thought for sure I would be put in irons... like so...

And I agree Jim, GAC is trying to legal about things to avoid anyone wanting to shut us down.  Aussie here doesn't get nearly enough credit for all the work involved trying keep us on the right side of the issue.

So hats off to Aussie for everything!
-Yoc

Hey Yoc, you bare a striking resemblance to Tony Curtis in that photo...hmmmmm...you appear in any 1950s epic adventure films?

B.  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged

Yoc

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 05:08:15 PM »

50s?  Nope.
But I did have a small part in a late 70s sci-fi movie you've likely never heard of.  It didn't get much publicity and the director wasn't much to talk about.  But I thought I made a convincing robot.  Buggers dubbed my dialogue.  Said I didn't sound British enough.  grrr

(click to enlarge)

-Yoc
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1] 2

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.