in house dollar bill thumbnail
In-House Image
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

introduce myself

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: introduce myself  (Read 1142 times)

matchlessman

message icon
introduce myself
« on: September 21, 2017, 08:21:47 AM »

Hi

I am joga from India.  I had a cousin by name Ronnie who was 10 years older than me and he gave me -
in the early 60s -  some of his comics and thus began my love affair with comics. The first
dell from him: Tonto,  the first brit comics:  Eagle, dandy, beano and TV Comic.  He used to talk
about the Spy Smasher and Captain Marvel and his war cry Shazam. I never saw these
two comics in my life until i visited your site.  For the first time i was able to go thru
spy smasher and captain marvel comics, thanks to your site.  My cousin is no more.  I wonder
what he would have said if i had showed him scans of these two comic characters from the 40s/50s.

ip icon Logged

The Australian Panther

• VIP
message icon
Re: introduce myself
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 12:55:10 PM »

Welcome! and enjoy.
ip icon Logged

narfstar

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 07:11:08 PM »

Welcome Joga. It was my older cousin giving me her books that got me started.
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
message icon
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 08:23:20 AM »

Hello Joga.   Welcome to cb+.  It was at the barber's that I was able to read lots of old British comics - Beano, Dandy, Eagle, Radio Fun. There was a big box for us kids to rake through.
Enjoy your time here.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.