text saying advertise on our site
 Total: 34,603 books
 New: 157 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Username:
Password:

Not a member? Then why not register? It is ALL TOTALLY FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten you password? No problems you can get it back here.

Star Weeklys?

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Star Weeklys?  (Read 125 times)

freddyfly

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Star Weeklys?
« on: December 16, 2017, 04:56:23 AM »

Hi,
I see you have a few old (Toronto) Star Weekly magazine sections. For those who don't know the publication, it was the Toronto Star's replacement for what in the US would be a Sunday paper (something forbidden in Canada or a long time).
It had a super comcis section, the magazine, and a novelette (8 pages of small-font text; the highlights were the first printings of Golden Amazon stories), but no news section, and it was printed on Mondays with the NEXT weekend's comics.

I have a couple of the Amazon stories, and a few 1940s comic sections that I could uplaod to your Magazine section if allowed????
ip icon Logged

freddyfly

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
Re: Star Weeklys?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2017, 11:40:08 PM »

Does anybody know?  Or am I posting in the wrong section?
ip icon Logged

paw broon

• Administrator
  • Phantom phan - Superhero nut.
message icon
Re: Star Weeklys?
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 04:37:05 PM »

I don't think you are in the wrong section, but this is simply to tell you that I haven't a scooby and it'll need one of our experts to have a go at this.
The only thing I can add is that copyright for the paper - and it's comics? - might now lie with Southam.
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Disclaimer: If you have come to this site to find pirated or illegal material, you will be disappointed! We only hold comic books and images that are in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our content may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.