in house dollar bill thumbnail
 Total: 42,782 books
 New: 214 books

small login logo

Please enter your details to login and enjoy all the fun of the fair!

Not a member? Join us here. Everything is FREE and ALWAYS will be.

Forgotten your login details? No problem, you can get your password back here.

Leeches I have known...

Pages: [1]

topic icon Author Topic: Leeches I have known...  (Read 3514 times)

skybandit

• Past Member
  • avatar for old site member: skybandit
message icon
Leeches I have known...
« on: March 13, 2010, 07:53:09 AM »

Were you guys aware that this site:

http://sites.google.com/site/bwesterncowboycomics/sixgunheroes

Directly links to GAC?  At least, the Fawcett "Six-Gun Heroes" do.   Seems he's "storing" his "free" downloads here and at the Internet Archive.   Is this kosher?
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:23:55 AM by skybandit »
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
Re: Leeches I have known...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2010, 08:31:23 AM »

Were you guys aware that this site:

http://sites.google.com/site/bwesterncowboycomics/sixgunheroes

Directly links to GAC?  At least, the Fawcett "Six-Gun Heroes" do.   Seems he's "storing" his "free" downloads here and at the Internet Archive.   Is this kosher?

That site has been around for about a year and a half (most likely more) and I forget who started it, but he isn't a stranger. Regardless, those links won't even do a newbie any good if they are not registered with GAC, signed in, and possess the proper download clearances.

B.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 08:33:58 AM by boox909 »
ip icon Logged

skybandit

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2010, 10:12:06 AM »

Good point.  Just tryin' to do my bit for the cause.
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2010, 12:57:14 PM »

Good eyes Sky!
ip icon Logged

skybandit

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2010, 01:35:17 PM »

Hey, boox, did you just make Hero level?

Thanks, Mr. A, but I was just trying to scavenge 5 uploads when I noticed this one guy had uploaded a BUTTLOAD of copyrighted comics and checked out his site.   His "free download" site is just a bunch of links to GAC and IA, and he's uploaded stuff like Green Hornet, Lone Ranger, Jimmy Olsen and Richie Rich!  I told the staff at IA, so I imagine it will be removed soon.  IA's been through a lot of recent problems too, and allowed all sorts of Copyright stuff to be uploaded.  They're cleaning house now.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 01:44:21 PM by skybandit »
ip icon Logged

Astaldo711

• VIP & JVJ Project Member
message icon
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2010, 02:02:11 PM »

IA is a good site and need to watch out for stuff like that. The only reason these people upload copyrighted stuff is just a thrill seek or perhaps they are clueless about it. IA has lots of interesting things and it'd be a shame for a few morons to ruin it for all.
ip icon Logged

skybandit

• Past Member
message icon
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 02:31:53 PM »

Most of it is middle eastern people.  I watched AVATAR on IA, but it had Arabic subtitles, and I could hear the theater audience response in the background!  Filthy bootleggers!
ip icon Logged

boox909

• VIP
message icon
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 04:04:54 PM »

Good point.  Just tryin' to do my bit for the cause.

I love the irony that you were going to "borrow" 5 files to upload here, while tarring that site as a leecher.

Honestly, I could care less about outside sites, and I really wish newbies would stop posting such links on GAC. There is no reason for GAC to be an entry point for such sites, so how about not posting such links? I know, I know...but ya'll can get your "Good Fellas/Gals" badges from being concerned about GAC and not some other site.

B.

PS: No one likes a snitch.  ;D ;D ;D
ip icon Logged
Pages: [1]

Comic Book Plus In-House Image
Mission and Disclaimer: The mission of Comic Book Plus is to present completely free of charge, and to the widest possible audience, popular cultural works of the past. These records are offered as a contribution to education and lifelong learning. They are historical documents reflecting the attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs of different times. We at Comic Book Plus do not endorse the views expressed in these, which may contain content offensive to modern users.

We aim to house only content in the Public Domain. If you suspect that any of our material may be infringing copyright, then please use our contact page to let us know. So we can investigate further.